Search results

1. HappyLaker

Drawing water for poly cistern

I have a 2000 gal in the crawl space of our cottage, and I am wondering how to get water from there to my jet pump. Should I use a bulkhead & shut off valve straight to my jet pump, or should I go from jet pump through the top of poly cistern to a brass foot valve. Seems a bulkhead with a shut...
  2. HappyLaker

How do I turn on a Sprinkler Pump

I am planning a underground sprinkler system at the cabin. Pump is a 1 1/2hp Red Lion 2" intake, 1 1/2" out. I planning to have a wifi controller in the cabin and run the low voltage wires to the manifold with the zone valves. I wasn't planning on a pressure tank and was thinking of using a...
  3. HappyLaker

Push or pull irrigation water

Related to previous questions... but would it be better to have a pump 75' from lake edge and draw water through a 2" inlet pipe, or push water through the 1 1/2" outlet side of the pump and have pump very close to waters edge.
  4. HappyLaker

Sprinkler head pop up or riser mounted

I am planning a sprinkler system for the cottage at the lake. After receiving back from rainbird a 42 head watering system, I thought how crazy is that LOL. I just wanted something simple & decent. I have come up with a plan for a 4-5 zone system with 3 sprinkler heads per zone. I was...
  5. HappyLaker

Where do I install sprinkler Pump

Here is my scenario. · This irrigation pump is for a DIY lawn sprinkler system application at our cottage in Manitoba Canada. · The total height from the lake to the top of the yard is 12 feet. · To get the pump close to the shore, because of obstructions that I would have to...
  6. HappyLaker

PVC or Poly Pipe for jet pump hookup

I have a 2000 gal poly cistern inside the crawl space of our cottage. Should I use poly or PVC from pump to foot valve in the cistern. I thought I read somewhere there is a code PVC can not be use inside because it gives off toxic gas if every caught on fire. >?? Thanks
  7. HappyLaker

Plastic or brass foot valve

For a Poly cistern, which would be better brass or plastic foot valve or does it really matter? Its not a high ticket item so price isn't a consideration.
  8. HappyLaker

Water Cistern Q.

I am putting a RTM on a ICF foundation. I am putting a 2000 gal water cistern in the 5'6" crawl space. To fill I will have a 2" ABS with a quick connect for the water delivery guy. The top of the cistern is going to be below grade by about 12"or so. My question is: How does the water delivery...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks