Search results

1. Blue Oak

Cheap pump update

Let me get this straight. You installed a pump that you didn't think was going to last 6 months? Was the plan to replace it every 4 months for the rest of your life?
  2. Blue Oak

Moving water tanks up the hill for more pressure - Need advice on piping

Some further improvements including burying the pipe underground the rest of the way including under the retaining wall, and adding a poor man's fire hydrant in the form of a 2" ball valve. Watering the yard with a golf course hose is pretty awesome. Also putting in a paver patio and steps...
  3. Blue Oak

New water softner installation

I mean the water supply coming into your house is connected to the OUTPUT fitting on the water softener, and the water line going to your shower and faucets is connected to the INPUT fitting on the softener. I did exactly that (I'm not a pro lol) and had black looking water coming out before...
  4. Blue Oak

New water softner installation

Sounds like the water softener was plumbed backwards to me. They use some charcoal to help with the process and if water flows backwards through the softener, it'll flow out black.
  5. Blue Oak

Around here, operational firefighters are allowed to go in and you know, fight the fires. I'm not worried one bit about not getting past the CHP or Sheriff checkpoint. In all actuality, my water supply is MUCH more likely to be used to fill our tender and fight a fire up the road from me. My...
  6. Blue Oak

Since I'm an operational firefighter and station an engine in my driveway, I can hook up to my tanks and run a hose right back up to them. I think they'll work just fine for my purposes.
  7. Blue Oak

Checking in, four months later. I had the proverbial "cold rush of shit to the heart" when I was out front smugly watching my sprinklers water my landscaping- just to see the water pressure fall and die in front of my very eyes. My brother was trying to be helpful when he said, "maybe it's the...
  8. Blue Oak

All systems are functional. I finished the wiring and conduit for the float switch today. I'm very happy with the way the project turned out, especially since this is my first time doing something like this. Now to insulate the exposed piping and fill in the trenches with dirt. Pics...
  9. Blue Oak

Confirmed continuity as it dangles, and open circuit in the floating position. I should be good to install it. Thanks!
  10. Blue Oak

The tag on the switch has P/N 1003253, and then a little Pump Up icon. Under that it has 15PMPUWOP.
  11. Blue Oak

Hang on. The second link and image are found on the same page as the first link. I guess I'll just wire the thing up and test it upright then inverted.
  12. Blue Oak

Thanks! I'll go exchange it. I'm eager to finish this project.
  13. Blue Oak

Guys, Help me sanity check my float switch for my tanks on the hill. I think it's backwards from what I want. Here's the specs and diagram. I bought it locally so I can just exchange it if it's wrong. The well guy seemed to be a little unsure as he sold it to me... For reference, I have a...
  14. Blue Oak

Does the well flow rate (GPM) vary during the year?

Hard to say. The well is probably 400 to 500 feet deep and I'd guess I get 2 to 4 times the production in the spring as in the late fall. It really depends on whether we're currently in a drought- which we are.
  15. Blue Oak

Does the well flow rate (GPM) vary during the year?

I get a lot more out of my well this time of year compared to Nov.
  16. Blue Oak

I'm pretty sure the tanks block enough sunlight to prevent algae growth. Like I mentioned previously, a huge number of people use these tanks here in CA. Some use fiberglass ones as well. What I've noticed on the well filling the tank is there's a variable amount of water that gets pumped...
  17. Blue Oak

Thanks for the idea. I'd never heard of that strategy. The hole I plugged already is under the steel tank, and the tank is on some old timbers. I need to dig under and between the timbers and see where I stand since it's been a few years since I put the screw in. I'm not really concerned...
  18. Blue Oak

The old steel tank has some dog legs left on it that used to feed the houses. I need to clean that up. The large feed in the foreground will have a ball valve and an NH thread for a fire hose.
  19. Blue Oak

These new tanks are fed from the existing well that's been in place for over 50 years. I think it's about 400 feet underground, then about 400 more feet of pipe to get it around the houses and up the hill to the new location. So far the well has been able to fill them just fine. I'm getting 5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks