Search results

1. brokensword

Check valve inconsistent operation

another follow-up question; I THINK my well is 4" iron--if the well 'head' coming out of the ground is iron, does this mean the whole well is too? I watched the man drill the well (boring after a while, though) and can't recall what type of pipe he was using. In saying that, since I watched...
  2. brokensword

cleaned up as in scrubbing, as suggested by LLigetfa? Any idea how expensive/laborious? Also, would you replace the original tank (~30 gallon, I think) or just get the CSV? I looked and they have two models; one in some sort of plastic and one steel; which would you choose? Along with asking...
  3. brokensword

is this scrubbing an expensive thing? Any other method to keep debris from getting in, using 4" casing size?
  4. brokensword

okay, noted. And since I now know how to do the pressure tank adjustment, I can put that on my list of maintenance items; thank you.
  5. brokensword

I see from watching the whole video, it installs at the tank, so I answered that one myself. This is an ingenius idea. Sure wish my original well digger had used one of these.
  6. brokensword

That's a helluva good idea; thank you! I'm taking notes so I'll be prepared when he arrives. Sort of been waiting for him to call since we agreed to wait until after last week's cold snap was over. Been inconvenient but not undoable during that time. Now, I don't know how long I have but...
  7. brokensword

I figured since I could fix all three easily, ususally washers and seals, it was more wear and tear than anything else. I did know, sort of, that the air in the tank must be affecting how fast/slow the water flowed in. In most other areas, I've been proactive but I've little experience with...
  8. brokensword

Well, the man tested the tank, fixed any air pressure problems and it's been working fine until a week ago when the short cycling started again. He indicated a failing checkvalve, so I'm going by that info. The problem I had 7 years into the well was similar (I think; it was a long time ago)...
  9. brokensword

Thanks for the response; I plan on asking the well guy to install a CSV. I was reading your other posts after posting mine, where you talk about CSV and thought it should be applied to my well situation. I've never heard of such and doubt if the original well digger put one on as this CSV...
  10. brokensword

I'm uploading an overhead view with markings; hope this helps. There is no checkvalve under any of the insulation. I've no idea re any thermal expansion tank--I'm sure I don't have one. This is the way the plumber initially set everything up and I haven't had any problems iin 33 years. At...
  11. brokensword

I hope these are the pics you wanted; they show what I have in the basement. My well 'head' is located about 15' outside the wall, is about 18" above ground. I believe it's 'pitless'? I have two check valves inline to my softener, if that's of any importance. My pressure switch has always...
  12. brokensword

Hello, I signed up to learn a bit more about my well problem. Last November, my well pump began short cycling. Not knowing much but doing some online reading, it seemed it might be the storage tank. I turned the pump off so as not to burn up the pump and called a well guy. Before he came...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks