Search results

1. Jefftra

Code question for vanity conversion

Is it more than 30 inches it’s ok, or less? My situation would be over 30
  2. Jefftra

Code question for vanity conversion

I am wanting to convert from single vanity to double. My question is it against code to do all new plumbing inside the vanity to avoid tearing out the drywall? I’m not sure if I would be able to make it work, but exploring all options.
  3. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

It’s the Keeny p trap kit from Lowe’s. I used a 45 from wall , then the p trap adapter into the 45, and from there is the kit from Lowe’s.
  4. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

That’s the P trap in my new bathroom. 18 inch deep vanity has the drain pretty close to the wall. There is more room than what it looks like in the picture.
  5. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

I ended up changing my setup and going with the 45. Worked great, thanks.
  6. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

I found a solution. I cut the 90 degree long sweep on the other side of the wall and replaced it with a smaller 90 degree. This one has a male end and a female end. Then just glued the trap adapter to it. This gave me more than enough room to place the trap. The plastic nut is just enough to...
  7. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

If you were looking straight on, the drain is lined up evenly with the trap adapter. So if I swing it back towards there, it’s a little off. Not sure if that’s what you mean.
  8. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

Yes it’s an option, was just trying to figure out a way without having drywall repair, thanks
  9. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

The issue there is the trap adapter is glued, so I would have to cut off in the backside
  10. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

Yes is only a 18.5 inch deep vanity, so that puts the drain about 6-7 inches from the wall. I didn’t realize this issue when I first ran the pipe. So I guess I need to go on the backside and replace the 90 with a 45 and extend to the left side? Is that what you mean? Thanks
  11. Jefftra

P trap bathroom sink

I don’t know what I did wrong if anything, but just trying to get this bathroom p trap installed. This is a brand new bathroom. I stubbed out as close to the wall as I could and the p trap is just barely not lining up when I try to connect to the tail. I have to force it into place. Trying...
  12. Jefftra

Tapping into existing vent

Well I think I lucked out. I was about to start cutting drywall out when I realized the vent pipe I was going to tie into was actually behind the shower wall. I went to the attic and saw where all the venting came together. I found this pipe in the basement close to the bathroom rough in above...
  13. Jefftra

Yea he specifically told me he wouldn’t allow it, but I want to do it the best way so here we go. Just to make sure I need to be how many inches above the lowest drain on the first floor.? I assume go 4 inches above the p trap in the sink. Also when I tie into that existing vent would I...
  14. Jefftra

Yea they took the easy way out. I talked to my inspector and they won’t allow me to do the AAV since a toilet is involved. I now have to tear out drywall in the master bedroom to access that vent pipe. Wife is not to happy.
  15. Jefftra

Oh wow glad I asked this question. Im not sure how they expect a home owner to run a vent pipe from the basement to the attic without tearing out drywall above. I'd rather not have to use the aav but not sure any choices.
  16. Jefftra

Can anyone suggest the proper way to splice into this vent? I need to run vent from new bathroom in basement to this location. The pipe going up the floor is the existing vent. I’m afraid if I mess this up I can’t really redo and don’t want to be tearing walls out above. Thanks.
  17. Jefftra

Rough in plumbing basement

I did find in the IPC code which is what my area has, I can have a maximum distance from the trap to the vent of 72 inches. That is quite a bit different than the UPC of 42. Does it mater if I use 2 inch or 1.5 for the arm and the vent pipe? I believe my other vents in the house are 1.5...
  18. Jefftra

Ok that makes sense I can just go over far enough to get it close then take my vent up to the pipe going up to the attic which is 1.5 vent. So should I use 1.5 inch to the trap-andthen 1.5 to that vent in the picture?
  19. Jefftra

There is not a trap on that pipe. The one on the far right has a trap in it, but I’m not putting in a shower. It’s hard to see but that pipe is not going to be used. So am I ok extending that arm as far over as needed to reach vanity. The arm isn’t as far over as needed yet. I just set that...
  20. Jefftra

So I’m trying to figure out this piping. I have attached the arm just to show where about the vanity will go. It will be 2 inch pipe and more than 42 inch to the trap. My area is IPC code. So I guess that is ok. Also for vent, can I just use one of those AAV. (Air admittance valves).? If...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks