Search results

1. Ryan Smith

Fleck 5600SXT Carbon Filter Issues

I haven't changed any parts yet. The current piston assembly has the green cap. Backwash has great flow but then nothing for rapid rinse. Maybe I should just order a full new valve and start fresh.
  2. Ryan Smith

Thanks guys! Any thoughts on the no flow during rapid rinse issue? I just can't understand that one. I tried digesting the diagrams in the 5600SXT Service Manual but it's hard to see what could cause this. The diagrams are really low resolution though and it's tough to see exactly what's...
  3. Ryan Smith

Thanks for the reply! I didn't pre-soak the GAC originally but will be sure to do so with the new stuff. Makes sense to start with the slow backwash too. I'll definitely do that. No changes to the programming. VT is set to Fltr.
  4. Ryan Smith

I use chlorine to oxidize iron in my water. Following the settling tank I have a backwashing carbon filter. It's a Fleck 5600SXT on a 10x54 with 1.5cuft of GAC. It came set up with a 6GPM DLFC. In the first couple cycles I did notice some media out the drain line, but I just figured that was...
  5. Ryan Smith

Bathroom Group DWV / Wet Vent Question

Hi James - thank you for the reply! I should have detailed that red circle better. Unfortunately it isn't an existing stack. It's just the only location where I can get a new 3" line from the second floor down to the basement. I was planning on having a 90 there to transition from horizontal...
  6. Ryan Smith

Bathroom Group DWV / Wet Vent Question

I'm adding a second bathroom to a late 1800s farmhouse. I have some obstacles that limit where I can put the WC, lav, and shower and am looking for some feedback on DWV options. I'd like to do a single lav vent, using that to wet vent the rest of the bathroom group. I've spent a couple days...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks