Search results

1. Dis360

Did my well pump motor fail?

Finally finished, it's a good feeling. I removed the old swing check valve, I added a custom 1" blow hole, I've got some 1" threaded fittings to go on the outlet. This was the old configuration: Redone: I redid everything from about 3 inches above the ground. I noticed the pipe going...
  2. Dis360

I've come this far might as well fix it.
  3. Dis360

The screws are for centering the bottom of the motor, I used a hose clamp up top. I was about to drop it in as I saw your message. I'm not going to leave anything to chance I'm going to take the sleeve off and cut it.
  4. Dis360

Yea wasn't sure about that, I took the design from a YouTube vid. I can cut it back and redrill the screw holes, you think there is any downside to having it extended up the pump like that?
  5. Dis360

I feel like I keep saying "I'm installing the pump today" but today is the day, I've got everything done. Took a lot time to ensure everything was taped up correctly, motor centered in flow sleeve, checked the pipe for any damage, extended the safety rope up through the cap (it was tied into the...
  6. Dis360

I think the 2 years statement came from the franklin documentation, it says "storage time should be limited to 2 years". I'm going to remove the black flakes, flush the motor out and fill with distilled water. The Franklin documentation says the same thing about the check valves, only 1 check...
  7. Dis360

Took the bottom off the new motor to top it off with distilled water and maybe propylene glycol if needed I have some. When I took the cap off I can see flakes of some type in there. Kinda looks like thin black metal but it's not magnetic. I have no idea if this is normal or not. I'm sure...
  8. Dis360

Interesting, nice find. I wonder if they are referring to new and old motors. Mine is from 2017 but unused, I didn't know that when I bought it. The documentation says not to store it for more than 2 years at normal temp. I suppose this is what valveman is referring to about filling it up before...
  9. Dis360

I weighed them both side by side they're both exactly 20.2 lbs. Since we were talking about turning them upside down and removing the bottom diaphragm, I noticed when I turned the new one upside down I could hear a little bit of gurgling almost like there was some water under the diaphragm...
  10. Dis360

Pardon my ignorance. I may have missed the point of what you were trying to show me. Is it beneficial that I add water to the motor before dropping it in? If so I will do it (and document it). Does this help with cooling until the motor gets water logged by itself?
  11. Dis360

I read the part about storing the pump in water or filling it with water from the bottom when it's time to use it. Should I be storing my pump itself in water until I drop it back down the well. I plan on dropping it back in today.
  12. Dis360

I'll try to find what your referencing. I assumed I would be okay to use the 2 year old pump with the new motor, hopefully that's true. The old and new motor are the same model number except for the last letter G (old) P (new) but they look identical. I'll weight both of them and post difference.
  13. Dis360

Looks like a failed pressure tank with 4 PSI in it, kicking on and off every 30 seconds under draw, then adding a CSV during the last week of it's life will kill a motor after 2 years. Looks like my new one is older than my old one, I know the pump was replaced in Feb of 2019, they must have...
  14. Dis360

Finally got the pump up and out. 180 ft. Is a lot by hand. Looks like the old motor is a Franklin as well, I cant really tell from the serial number what year it was made, it doesn't look very old, my new one and old one have similar beginning serial numbers. When I got the pump out I applied...
  15. Dis360

I was lucky enough to have some real nice neighbors. I ran a about 150 ft. of garden hose from their hose bib to mine and have had running water while my well is out of commission. I purchased and received a new 3/4 HP franklin motor that is made for continuous duty, this thing is heavy. I...
  16. Dis360

I just tried to kick the pump on to refill the toilets and some 5 gallon jugs and it must be all the way dead now. Now I've got to get a motor ASAP. Is there a motor that is recommended or just something rated for continuous use?
  17. Dis360

Okay that sounds like that could be my issue. As the motor has never run continously prior to CSV. I didn't even know some motors couldn't run continously. I suppose I will be pulling up the pump out of the well ASAP to look at the motor. Are motor components generally made to be replaceable...
  18. Dis360

It's a 4" submersible 3/4 HP, 2 wire pump. There is no control box, the pump is wired right from the breaker box to a 65 foot run to a small standard electrical box with a basic light switch in it, that someone labeled PUMP. Then that wire coming out runs through another small standard...
  19. Dis360

Just my luck... I recently finished replacing a lot of my well water components that were old and tired. I installed a new 3 pod 20" filter setup, including a KDF 85 iron remover and a spin down filter. I replaced my pressure tank as the old one was horribly saturated with sediment and I...
  20. Dis360

Can't get my well to run clear anymore

Thanks valveman, I finished installing the new tank last night and got that old tank out of there. Water is running so clear now it's unreal what that old tank was adding to all the water. I needed to install something ASAP so I didn't get the full kit from you otherwise I would have but I did...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks