Search results

1. BobbytheBus

Toilet flange above plywood after demo - new tile wont fit under it

Just wanted to post back thanking you. Worked perfectly. Nice a snug and no wobble. Thank you.
  2. BobbytheBus

Thank you for the confirmation. It made sense in my head but wasnt sure.
  3. BobbytheBus

I am remodeling the bathroom and just completed the demo. The toilet flange was sitting on the tile that I took out. The new tile is too high and cant fit under the flange. But the flange is now higher than the plywood and cant push down so I need to put something only in-between the flange and...
  4. BobbytheBus

Well pump stopped after heavy rain

Thanks Reach. I guess I should have seen that post before I wrote mine I missed it. The switch is only 2 years old do they go that quick?
  5. BobbytheBus

Well pump stopped after heavy rain

I was able to get it working again by tapping on the pressure switch. There was no reset button on it so I tapped on it. First tap started to move things and second one seemed to get things back to normal. Wondering what might have happened and if it was ok to tap on the pressure switch.
  6. BobbytheBus

Brine recovery error 106 on clack softener

Just an update on the last response. I ordered the falcon with the quick clack connect and it didn't fit. I also got the falcon fip to fip so I'm just using that. So far it's a much better seal then what I had before. No drip.
  7. BobbytheBus

It takes me a few times reading the responses to figure out what is being said. I see now he was saying it would had been better to have the system properly sized. I did get the brine recovery fixed. I had the wrong instructions. The corrugated flex line I'm using has a small drip. I got a...
  8. BobbytheBus

Well that sucks that I wasted money on this but I appreciate you guys telling me the truth. Since it's connected should I just leave it on and not use the brine recovery settings? I connected the drain line to it and everything seems fine. Just wondering if I should take this off or not. I...
  9. BobbytheBus

Darn. I'm kind of bummed that I got this BRV now. At this point it's just something connected to my control valve that is sending water through another valve to drain and I'm thinking I don't even bother to set it up to recover the brine if you are that skeptical of it even working. The one I...
  10. BobbytheBus

There are 5 buttons. Clock, Regen, next and then an up and down arrow.
  11. BobbytheBus

Question on wye strainer before smart shutoff device

Good question. I figured if I was going to install the smart shutoff that I might as well have it cover everything.
  12. BobbytheBus

I have taken water from where the tank is and it was clear. I also have a spindown filter for my sprinkler system and after a couple of months the screen still looks clean. I'll take that as a good sign. Thank you.
  13. BobbytheBus

That product looks great but I didn't want to have anything infront of the smart shutoff. I don't mind cleaning the wye strainer if it works and doesn't get clogged up right away. Do you know if a wye strainer with a 100 mesh screen will hold up for at least 2-3 months. I know you can't say...
  14. BobbytheBus

I'm wanting to install a smart shutoff by Moen called Flo by Moen. It detects any abnormal water activity and has an electronic shutoff on it. If it sees water running unexpectedly too long it will turn the water off from the point of the device. I want to install this device before my softener...
  15. BobbytheBus

Softener is installed - Thank you to everyone who helped

I understand now and feel a little embarrassed I didn't know how exactly water softeners work.
  16. BobbytheBus

That sounds like a nice trick to see what's happening. The tank is blue.
  17. BobbytheBus

I appreciate you explaining this. I'm not sure what this means other then the resin won't expand and take up the other third of the tank. I guess I should stop trying to figure this out and just take your kind advice and use a different restrictor. Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks