Search results

1. PlumbNuts

Pool heater gas regulator?

Follow up: I realized what the real problem was today, although the shutoff valve, regulator and steel piping is all 3/4" the CSST that is feeding it is 1/2". The heater will not operate on a 1/2" line. I had to dig out silicone and get inside of the conduit that they had sleeved the CSST in to...
  2. PlumbNuts

I understand this question more clearly now. For probably the last 15 - 20 years the natural gas meters that are installed here are 2psi with the required regulator at each individual appliance.
  3. PlumbNuts

if the regulator is 7" wc - 11" wc wouldn't I be able to read it in inH2O on the manometer at the control valve?
  4. PlumbNuts

Thanks, I will check that. It is a house but around here it is most likely a 2psi meter, they quit putting in the 7" meters quite a few years ago. not sure why. But I will double check.
  5. PlumbNuts

That is my suspicion also but this is a good customer of mine and I want to do what I can to help.
  6. PlumbNuts

As I stated in the post, it is a natural gas regulator. It is not in the house, it is outside at the pool heater. I do not have the old regulator but based on what I now know in regards to earlier HO comments it was doing the same thing.
  7. PlumbNuts

Low pressure after replumbing bathroom

If it is 200 PSI poly tubing then there is a good probability that it has collapsed somewhere. I agree with TUGHILLRZR that 2o' lengths does not make good sense (unless you as the homeowner actually installed it yourself). There are way too many joints that can cause issues. I do hope that you...
  8. PlumbNuts

The one thing that I did not see in any of the posts is what type of pipe your main line is. Do you know?
  9. PlumbNuts

Yes, you can use air pressure on that much line it will just take longer to pressurize. For safety reasons do not let the pressure exceed 100psi. If 100 psi does not blow it out then you have a bigger issue.
  10. PlumbNuts

I have had instances where the city shut off the water to replace a meter and when the water was turned back on it could not reach the house. There was a section of the pipe that had kinked where it entered the foundation. This was caused by the home settling. When the water was shut off the...
  11. PlumbNuts

If there is low flow at the hose bib that is immediatly after the shut-off but it is not regulated by the PRV then the issue is not the PRV. There is a possibility that the shut-off valve has sediment obstructing it. You may have to shut off the meter and replace the main shut-off. You may even...
  12. PlumbNuts

I do not install pool equipment but a customer asked me to replace her natural gas regulator that serves her pool heater. I asked why she was wanting it changed and she said that her pool guy told her she needed a new one. I replaced the regulator with the exact same type, 3 weeks go by and she...
  13. PlumbNuts

Cracked outdoor hose-spigot pipe?

I like the cutouts; a picture is worth a thousand and one words...
  14. PlumbNuts

Compression cap to stop flow - is this the right approach?

If it is a dedicated cold water pipe, does it not have it's own shut-off? If it does then just don't use the provided two-way valve, connect directly to the shut-off.
  15. PlumbNuts

P trap bathroom sink

In the middle picture if you were looking straight on at the sink tailpiece is the trap adapter completely to the left of the tailpiece? Is it possible to swivel your trap towards the front left of the tailpiece and have the trap arm pass it? If so just add an extension if the trap armis not...
  16. PlumbNuts

P trap bathroom sink

They do make these, you could cut one in half and use it to make your trap work. I personally am not a fan but it is an option. This pic was copied from Lowes website.
  17. PlumbNuts

P trap bathroom sink

I understand that but at this point as much time as you have taken to produce a good looking job I think I would rather patch the hole then leaving the plumbing looking off-kiltered. Especially since you have easy access to it and you are going to be cutting pipes anyways. From what I have...
  18. PlumbNuts

P trap bathroom sink

If you have access to the back side (judging by your picture you do) then just cut out a section of the pipe and couple back together to relocate stub out; then it will be right and you can just patch the small hole that will be there. Is that an option?
  19. PlumbNuts

Can anyone tell me what this is?

On some kitchen faucets that have a sidesprayer they will give you the option of not using the sidesprayer; if that is the choice made then you would not attach the sidesprayer but instead you would attach the piece that you have pictured there.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks