Search results

1. Skoronesa

Terry Love Cancer update

I just wanted to pass along my condolences to Terry's friends and family. He was a good man who wanted to help as many as he could. The world is worse with him no longer here. May all of us seek to be more like he was.
  2. Skoronesa

SHOE GASKET NOT SEALING

Problem is it's plastic pipe. I'd definitely use some pure silicone caulk on both sides of that rubber. The putty will go on the bottom side of the piece that screws in.
  3. Skoronesa

Texas plumbing questions. How to repair plumbing leaks

I get just as many bursts in 90's as straight pieces when you factor in where the cold air is coming from. Cut a 90 in half through the heel, they're thinner than M copper pipe.
  4. Skoronesa

Advice on well house plumbing

We use the thicker black polypropylene pipe, essentially it's pex, with brass insert fittings and two hose clamps. That goes from well head to tank tee which is threaded brass. Stainless fittings have gotten competitive with brass but some guys say they have issues with the fittings leaking if...
  5. Skoronesa

Turbo torch & 1/7 rule

The real danger is even worse, when you get liquid acetylene going into the hose it can bring the acetone with it. Acetylene is mixed with acetone to make it less volatile. Without sufficient acetone in the cylinder the "agassman" material in the tank alone may not be enough to keep the...
  6. Skoronesa

300 foot well pump

I agree, pump is worn out. Do they get a lot of sediment? Have you measured the running current draw and voltage? Might be running slow if there's a poor electrical connection topside somewhere, high amp draw/low voltage might indicate that.
  7. Skoronesa

Knocking/Tapping coming from PRV

Shut the main valve and see if the knocking stops immediately or slowly tapers off. If it does something in the house might be running a touch causing the prv to only open for a moment. I don't think the prv would make a sound like that though. It may be the pipe moving from thermal...
  8. Skoronesa

CSST Flex Gas line meter termination flange?

I suggest you hire a professional for this. The fittings that go on the csst tube can be a bit tricky and you don't want a leak. Personally I don't like that csst and I prefer black iron or soft copper tubing for gas lines. The easiest route, assuming you can get away without upsizing, would...
  9. Skoronesa

Help! Bathroom faucet sink is badly clogged!

You should be able to do this. Rather than take off thew whole trap, first you should try removing the stopper. This is usually done by unscrewing a nut that goes around a rod sticking from the back of the tailpiece under the sink. Then you can take that prickly strip you bought and push it down...
  10. Skoronesa

Toilet Hissing Even Though Water Turned Off

Seems like the stop(valve/shut off) under the toilet isn't holding. If the toilet got fixed why is the water shut off to it? If they shut the water off to it because it was still running than you need a new seal on the flush valve. be careful when changing that flush valve seal, those...
  11. Skoronesa

I have a stupid question about flow rate

My understanding, from something heard long ago, was that meters were always "undersized" to increase the velocity of the water moving through them for accuracy purposes. Meaning they were "least accurate" at low velocities aka flow rates. I have even had a water company employee tell me they...
  12. Skoronesa

I have a stupid question about flow rate

My understanding, something heard long ago, was that meters were always "undersized" to increase the velocity of the water through the meter for accuracy purposes. The meters being the "least accurate" at lower flow rates aka they could under count your usage. I have also had a water company...
  13. Skoronesa

Banging thumping noise from Well pump

I wasn't calling any of you specifically a hack. Do you think I would be here if I thought you all were hacks? I knew that my presence might raise some concerns which is why I posted an intro. If you have any issues with me feel free to speak with me using direct questioning. I don't have a...
  14. Skoronesa

I may have posted it in the private section. We keep a lot of stuff private because the site is pros only. If we posted it all in public than all the diy/hacks could see it.
  15. Skoronesa

Rusting Drain Pipe NYC

You need a piece of 4" pipe, probably cast iron to comply with fire code. Then you can use some 4" four band no-hub connectors. You'll put the inner rubber piece on first and roll it back. This all assumes you don't have someone above you who will flush. If you have to coordinate other tenants...
  16. Skoronesa

I am really interested in this csv, going to look more into it. I have a thread on the plumbing zone about interesting well systems. Where I live the well systems run the gamut. Many of the guys on the pz hadn't heard of most of the setups I posted. I would post a link but I am not sure that's...
  17. Skoronesa

I watched the video on the "Cycle Stop valve", definitely seems to act like a prv. My guess is they have some sort of high pressure bypass so the relief valve will still blow off if the pump stays on. Never installed, worked on, or even seen one of those in person. This is the first I'm hearing...
  18. Skoronesa

Why did you install a prv? Tell me it doesn't function like a normal prv, because otherwise you could dead head the pump if the pressure switch sticks on.
  19. Skoronesa

Glued-In Sink Plumbing

If it's going to be inside a vanity and you can't patch drywall just cut open the wall, replace the tee in the wall and stub out a new piece, and then put a painted piece of plywood over the whole thing. Technically it should be fireproof so you could do a piece of sheetmetal or drywall. That's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks