Search results

1. 701_Fargo

Grohe shower cartridge replacement

Spoke to Grohe this morning. The part is check valves. Grohe said they don’t usually need replacing. So it put the old check valve parts back in and installed the new cartridge. Everything appears to work fine. If I have any issues, I will update this posting.
  2. 701_Fargo

This photo shows parts still inside. I tried making a hook out of a bent paper clip, but it wasn’t helpful in prying it out
  3. 701_Fargo

Grohe sent me replacement cartridge. Just parts and no instruction sheets. Watched a few good YouTube videos of same cartridge so that was easy to disassemble. Box also contained two spring loaded items (no idea what they are called). Problem is the old ones didn’t come out in one piece, and...
  4. 701_Fargo

What to do... old water softener or new

We do buy the Morton Iron out salt... I didn’t know before this conversation that it had citric acid...
  5. 701_Fargo

How much water do I add to the brine tank? I am sure there is a formula...
  6. 701_Fargo

You asked how big the tank is... or are you wanting me to clarify the number of people using? Let’s go with 4
  7. 701_Fargo

For the sake of conversation... what is a better way to deal with iron hardness that is not unreasonably expensive?
  8. 701_Fargo

I am sure the tank is taller than 4 feet...so it must be the 10”x54”
  9. 701_Fargo

I didn’t think to get PH tested! it is a lake vacation house, so can have from 2 to 8 people staying at any given time in the summer. I don’t think there will be a lot of showers, so water mostly used for flushing the toilet and using kitchen sink. For your sake let’s just say that 4 people...
  10. 701_Fargo

Ok... got water testing results arsenic is 4.37 ug/L I know that under 10 is good so don’t need to worry about that Total hardness 357 mg/L as CaCO3 Iron .97 mg/L Manganese .47 mg/L so... what do these numbers mean for a water softener system? If the water is allowed to settle like in the...
  11. 701_Fargo

Well water... typically very hard in area and manganese, too. Water test will give more info
  12. 701_Fargo

New property had existing water softener, not sure if it works. Had to change out water lines that froze when vacant. Now need to put things back together. I need to get water sample tested... but should we try to reuse the old softener, or buy new this is the info on the back side... I can...
  13. 701_Fargo

Replacing cast iron and adding bathrooms to basement

Thanks, I passed the inspection with flying colors.
  14. 701_Fargo

We figured that we needed to go with option 1 to properly install the new half bath, so good to know that is how we must move forward. I don’t have many options for venting the existing kitchen sink... we are not doing any work in that area of the house, so I might be forced to think outside...
  15. 701_Fargo

We definitely are project people! Basement bath is all roughed in, so we turned our focus on adding the main floor half bath. We had space and with only one bathroom on main floor, figured a second would be a huge asset. I am 99% sure trap primers are not used here, at least not in...
  16. 701_Fargo

Our project snowballed... we are also going to add a half bath to main floor, too. But I order to break a smaller amount of concrete in basement we are relocating the drain currently serving just the main floor kitchen sink. The sink is not vented in any way, but I see a pipe that I think is an...
  17. 701_Fargo

I will change so only basement fixtures have back water valves. I am doing this the right way! Is this layout an option? (FYI... pipes NOT cut to size, just trying to do a rough layout of the option) This would allow me to get away with just one BW valve. If not, I will go back to original...
  18. 701_Fargo

I have had more that one plumbing inspector go over my floor plan drawn on graph paper. Both specifically made a point of asking me to point out where I will be installing a backwater valve. As you may know, about once every 10 years Fargo has the potential for a serious spring flood...
  19. 701_Fargo

Thanks for the eyeballs, Wayne. ND has its own code, so wasn’t sure what forum was appropriate to post in. When in doubt, I ask the inspection office lots of questions. Generally, they are very helpful if you ask if something specific is allowed (a yes/no question). Homeowners are allowed to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks