Search results

1. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

I ran a snake down and there was no stoppage. I was able to get a look behind the cabinet and the two trap arms feed into a 90 elbow, before it drops down to another 90 and continue the run and connect with the other 1 1/2" pipe. I don't see any other pipe coming In horizontally. When I...
  2. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

Ok so I made the changes. My goodness it was challenging. Ya it looks terrible with the primer job but it was a tight squeeze. Please don't judge me. I have it graded properly and ran the water and it's still gurgling. This is a double sink with only 1.5" drain. I'm going to try and get up...
  3. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

Alright. I'll give that a go and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your time
  4. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

It's been several years now. It's never been a problem before. The only thing that was done was a garburator replacement. They had some renovation done.. however no one can give me proper timeline so it's frustrating. I'm just looking how to fix this drain. It's sloped upwards instead of down...
  5. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

Understood. It's LASCO. You commented on the san tee on its back. I can redo the connection and establish a proper grade. Is the san tee still the appropriate fitting (theres another pipe upstream of that main horizontal pipe and nothing further) or a wye? I seem to reas that wye would be best...
  6. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

I did not rent a snake yet. I just used Glug drain opener and blasted it through the left sink only to see if that would kick out any blockages ( I used Talon in Canada before and it worked like a charm). I had both sinks filled before and I would drain them and water would drain fairly quickly...
  7. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

Thank you for your valuable input. I went to the basement and I was able to locate the kitchen drain pipe. I noticed that on the horizontal run it doesn't slope properly (sloping back towards the kitchen sink). I measured it, the pipe closer to the kitchen is 7 3/8" from the top, then it goes...
  8. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

I think it's on city sewer. These guys are in the suburbs. House is about 20 years old. I went to the basement which is below ground and there's a 1.5" pipe coming across and going straight down below that manhole cover. Inside of that there's a sump pump. There's another 1.5" pipe that goes...
  9. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

I just responded to WorthFlorida. I did flood the left sink and let it drain and no issues. It does gurgle a couple of times while draining. I haven't really ran it continuously for several minutes but I have ran it and it seems to keep up with draining. The trap arms are clear. I added...
  10. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

Ok so, I haven't ran the water full blast yet continuously. I flooded it and watched it drain and gurgle a couple of times. It drains fine. I forgot to mention there is a sink and a toilet on that main floor as well. No issues. It's on the other side of the room so I'm assuming it's tied to the...
  11. heybeats

Kitchen Sink Gurgle

Folks, I'm currently located in Virginia. I'm at my uncle's house and any time someone goes to use the kitchen sink, the left sink gurgles. Water drains fine. I can see the bubble. Even if I am sitting nearby and the sink hasn't been used, it will gulg every now and then. Backstory I have...
  12. heybeats

Best Way To Shim Shower Pan

Thank you. Good call on the tile leveling on the first row. Ill triple check with my laser level so I don't run into an issue I did think of.
  13. heybeats

Not sure if I am following you regarding "rethink "mortar bed", which brings up the picture of a flat surface to me"? I was going to lay some down as per the manufacture recommendation. I just didn't want to entirely rely on that to make things right. Its my first rodeo so I really don't have...
  14. heybeats

Thank you. It wasn't quite what I was looking for. I ended up getting a hold of composite shims that has little break away tabs and I started marking the area of the stabilizers and transferring to the subfloor so that I had a better idea where to place the shim. I was able to slip the shims in...
  15. heybeats

Folks, I got a Dreamline 32x60 shower pan. I know my subfloor is slightly not level. Some spots may be off by about 1/8". I have dropped a level on the floor and tried to prelevel with shims in advance. When I put the pan down, I can feel some soft spots in the middle where it flexes. And if I...
  16. heybeats

Yet another mystery leak post

Also noticed your water circulation pump. I got the same one as well (Watts). Best money I spent. Not sure why I didn't put one in years ago. As a suggestion, I would recommend you to install a shut off where the water line enters your house. That way you are not having to go outside and shut...
  17. heybeats

Yet another mystery leak post

Looks like he got to the root of the problems (pun intended - sorry had to say it =P)
  18. heybeats

Single or Double Wye

Thanks Reach4. It was a real treat to get those subfloors removed. I had to work quick to remove the subfloors as the tenants did not want too much noise that day =/ I do agree with your plan as it was similar as what I had in mind for replacing the subfloor. I am planning on cleaning up the...
  19. heybeats

Single or Double Wye

thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I really appreciate it!
  20. heybeats

Single or Double Wye

I lost you right around here. Then when they are both far enough down the joist bay, the lav drain joins the shower drain, likely with a flat combo (if it's coming in from the direction perpendicular to the joists). The height of the lav and shower drains at this point could be just below the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks