Search results

1. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Service Manuals for Nelson Valves?

Not being registered at Nelson, where might I obtain a copy of the service manual for this Nelson, 5-button, Clack valve. NWTS-10CFM-AIO-0.0 The above, most of all, as it is most at variance from the generic Clack valve, which service manual I already have. But these two would also be good to...
  2. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Mystery component...

Assembling my system after a long delay in getting the Vortech tanks. One little mystery, though. There's this one item, which looks like a strainer, yet isn't. What is it, please? And where ought it go? I suspect is to do with the KIO system. Yet there is no place obvious where it might seem to...
  3. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

"No DLFC installed": Which sizes to order?

Need to choose one DLFC each for two different Nelson 5-Button valves (Clack WS-1). Water pressure ranges 40-60 PSI. Tanks are both 10x54. Valve 1 of 2: Backwash only for 1.5 CF of activated carbon. Valve 2 of 2: Regenerating valve for 1.5 CF of softener. What size DLFC would be most...
  4. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Is Clack tool useful for removing upper basket?

Got ahead of myself and installed a top basket onto a Nelson (Clack) control valve which is for Katalox and AIO3, and so needs instead a different adaptor which I need to install in place of said basket. Am finding it hard to remove that basket. Have ordered the Clack tool in hopes of that...
  5. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Source for flexible corrugated copper tubing?

Wondering where I might purchase flexible corrugated copper tubing in lengths of 20 t0 24 feet, the whole length corrugated without any joints. Not to be used for plumbing, actually, but a ham radio antenna instead. The hoop type, technically known as a "magnetic loop". The idea is to coil it...
  6. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Bradford White Anode Inspection

Here near Holland MI, the local vendor Baumann & DeGroot installed my Bradford White, power-vented gas water heater without any unions. On a Bradford White water heater, the sacrificial anode is integral with the hot water outlet. And so, for lack of a union, the sacrificial anode cannot be...
  7. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Best Placement for Carbon Filter?

If adding a backwashing carbon filter into a system already comprised of a Katalox Lite with O3 and a softener having Purolite SSTC60 resin, where best should it be located in relation to the other two?
  8. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Nu-Well 100 Pelletized Acid

On the shelf of an Ace Hardware store local to me, I happened upon this interesting product: Nu-Well 100 This product is manufactured by a company whose main business seems to be screens and other hardware for wells. The SDS for this product identifies its main ingredient as sulfamic acid. That...
  9. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Purolite SST-60 Resin.

Many places I see advertised a resin called Purolite "SST-60" or sometimes "SST 60" (sans hyphen). Yet on the Purolite website itself, though, I find no such resin. A close match would be this "SSTC60" (where the C stands for 'cation', I very expect). All specs are the same except that some...
  10. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Backwash Bed-Expansion & Upflow Regneration

On some websites is touted many savings to be got from up-flow regeneration over down-flow. Namely, to not be washing minerals into the un-spent portion of the bed. However, as resin manufacturers recommend enough backwash flow to obtain 50% to 70% bed expansion, does this not first recirculate...
  11. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Who has experience of the Clack NWTS 5-button valve?

One of the quotes I'm considering proposes a proprietary version of the Clack 5-button valve as offered only through Nelsen Water Treatment Systems. Referred to as the Clack NWTS 5-button valve, all I've been able to find on it is this PDF of their programming guide, and also this PDF of their...
  12. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Clack Valves from Canadian Water Warehouse

I found this vendor offering Clack valves: CWW Ltd. And I'm a just slightly put on guard by their listing of the model WS1EA (EE). Similarly, they list a model WS125EE (EA). When I queried the vendor via email, they replied that EE and EA were the same valve. Does this make sense to anyone...
  13. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Clack Configurator Program?

Something I stumbled across on-line yesterday at work during lunch was mention of a Clack configurator program. Am wondering it it is anything akin to the Watlow Configurator program for Watlow heater controllers. That is to say, a way of talking to the unit over RS-422 serial link via...
  14. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

On-Demand Twin-Tank Clack?

I was informed by one vendor, thus... "The WS1 Twin can not be set up in a system 14 configuration utilizing both tanks at the same time for higher flow rates. This is only available on commercial softening equipment." Confusingly, there is an apparent contradiction in this brochure for the...
  15. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Is the Clack OEM 5-Button Valve same as WS1CS?

Hunting around in search of info and a vendor for the Clack 5-Button valve, I find a manual simply calling it the WS1 and photos of the WS1CS which has 5 buttons. Are those one and the same? If not, how different?
  16. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Clack "5 button", EE, or EA for Katalox Lite with Ozone?

Had discovered conflicting information on which Clack valve to use with Ozotech EOG for Katalox Lite. Sources differed in specifying either an EA, EE, or 5-button Clack valve. See final section at bottom. EE Argument: Ozotech's own website for the EOG specifically names the "EE board" as...
  17. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Direct Sales Vendors for Clack, Vortech & Ozotech

As a DIY home-owner, where might I submit an RFQ shopping list via email for these product makes? Clack Vortech Ozotech My location is West Olive, Michigan. Feel free to reply also (or instead) via email or Facebook via links below. Email Fb/Aplonis
  18. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

How critical carbon filter after Katalox Lite?

Am looking at quotes from vendors after submitting my water testing report. Am seeing Katalox Lite with O3 ahead of regular softener and no carbon filter between. Elsewhere I read of a back-washing carbon filter being important after Katalox. Some enlightenement, please, as to when and when not.
  19. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Redox media (that Cu/Zn mix) backwash issues?

Was reading up on the Cu/Zn mix named "Redox". Given my iron-bacteria issue, chemistry-wise, it seems ideal. Then there's the issue of how much backwash it needs. Reputedly, this is because of weight, flow sufficient to make turbulent the heavy beads. Which does make sense. Also, as I...
  20. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Ozone Injection Generators: Preferred makes & models?

If I decide to go with a Katalox Lite iron-reduction system, I then must choose an ozone-generating unit. Not just AIO, but AIO3, owing to iron bacteria. I understand as follows, that: A) the UV variety have lower output but are less picky about low humidity; and also B) the electrical discharge...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks