Search results

1. Jack Jo

Is $1000 to replace a Compression Angle Valve feeding a Toilet reasonable??

Hi, I started a simple job of replacing the compression angle stop valve feeding my toilet water tank. To do so, I had to pull out the compression ring which I did using a compression ring puller. The challenge was it was super tight. This was a warning sign... as it meant the compression...
  2. Jack Jo

Sound of water drip in wall AFTER shower

Thanks a bunch for all your assistance. Ran through the test protocol again and confirm that the drip noise only appears when warm/hot water is running and phases out once the cold water is turned on. I'm pretty hands on but never would have guess this to be the cause - then again, I have not...
  3. Jack Jo

Terry, You have seriously saved me a lot of effort as I would have likely ended up opening the wall. I did invest in an endoscope but could not see things too clearly and it was too stiff to run down the pipe (can't expect much for $50). So, thanks very much for your insights... I will test...
  4. Jack Jo

Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) - who knew :)
  5. Jack Jo

Thank you... I guess, it is normal to use ABS. That makes sense as I looked down the drain, the pipe was not white. Not knowing they would use ABS (which is black) I thought it may have been a metal pipe (which I thought was strange). This issue really had me thrown and I would never have...
  6. Jack Jo

Terry, I'm about to nominate you for the official title of Genius! So, here is what I did. Ran the cold water shower for about 10 mins. Let it sit and did not observer any drips. Hum I said, let me try that again. No drips. This morning, I ran the shower but this time with the hot water...
  7. Jack Jo

Terry, Thanks for the suggestion and will try it. Well, I know I have it after a shower (war/hot water) so, only need to try doing so with cold water. That said, I have to it does sound very much like a water droplet falling from the top to the bottom. I'm hoping it is something within than...
  8. Jack Jo

Hi, Got an issue that is driving me a little crazy and hoping you can assist me. I have upstairs bathroom with a shower recess and an adjoining bath tub. The water from the 2nd floor runs behind the kitchen wall on the ground floor. After a shower, I hear this drip roughly every 15 sec which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks