Search results

1. Kevin121

Washing Machine Hose reccomendations

Hello - I am looking for a specific washing machine hose that I just can't seem to get my hands on finding. I'm looking for a 1 to 3 foot long (max) washing machine hose that has a 90-degree elbow on one end. My hose connections are very close to the machine and ideally I only need a 1 to 2 feet...
  2. Kevin121

Hydro jetting SDR 35 pipe

Hello all, I have 4" SDR 35 drainage pipe buried under down for my roof's downspouting from gutters. I recently noticed a couple larger rocks at the drain end (where it daylights). My father in law borrowed a snake camera from his work and we looked inside the pipe and we see some areas where...
  3. Kevin121

Flushing drainfield lines

Hi - I have a two-tank septic system with a sand-mound drainfield. The first tank holds solids, and then there is a Dosing tank that gravity feeds the drain field. In the sandmound I have four 1-1/2" clean-out risers and was told by the installer to open up the caps on those clean-outs once a...
  4. Kevin121

Adapt removable P trap to Schedule 40

Hi all - I am working through my water softener drain installation. I have the sanitary tee and couplings tied into the stack and now am working on the vent, P-trap, and air-gap connections (excuse the messy primer job :( ). As you can see in the picture (everything still just dry-fit...
  5. Kevin121

Re-route existing shower vent for Niche

Hello - We are finally getting ready to finish our shower on our newer home that the builder roughed in for us. It is a standard 3' by 5' shower. The shorter walls are partition walls, and the long wall is on an exterior wall. We had been going back and forth on putting the shower niche on the...
  6. Kevin121

Standing water in basement drain

Hi all - I have a basement drain that connects to my home's footer drain pipe, which is daylighted below the house (does not connect to our septic system). I noticed that I always seem to have a constant amount of water in the pipe, no matter how much water I flush down the drain. The home is...
  7. Kevin121

Tips for installing pipe insulation on PEX

I am thinking of installing foam insulation around one of my PEX hot water lines that has to travel quite a ways from the water heater to the Kitchen faucet (~100 feet) to help keep it insulated a little better. The problem is that the PEX is attached tightly to the floor joists above, running...
  8. Kevin121

Best way to couple tee fitting with pipe for repair area

I have 3" PVC for my main drain line and need to cut out a vertical section of it to add a sanitary tee for a water softener drain. I can glue the tee fitting on one end easily but I won't be able to fit and glue the other end at the same time because the pipe is fixed. What is the best way to...
  9. Kevin121

Water softener discharge

I currently have my water softener discharge going into a wye clean-out fitting (I know a big no-no in case of a backup!) that leads to our septic tank. We are also getting a sewer gas smell in the basement when it rains hard and the smell appears to be coming from where the flexible drain line...
  10. Kevin121

Hot water recirculating pump with PEX manifold

My home's plumbing system uses PEX with a "home run" type PEX manifold. The cold water supply runs from the manifold to the inlet of the water heater. The hot water outlet from the water heater first runs (back) to the manifold and then out to each hot water faucet in the house. The furthest...
  11. Kevin121

Polyethelene tubing adapter for Water Softener drain

I am looking to run Polyethelene tubing for a water softener drain. The Softener has a 3/4" Male NPT plastic connection and can use either 5/8" OD or 3/4" NPT. I am wondering what type of fitting I need to install at the drain connection to run the Polyethene tubing? What size tubing would you...
  12. Kevin121

Installing water pressure gauge on 3/4" PEX

I am planning to install 2 water pressure gauges for a whole house water filter system I am putting in. My supply line is 3/4" PEX and the only pressure gauges I can find are 1/4" NPT (link below) fittings. What adapter(s) do I need to connect the pressure gauge to a 3/4 " tee that is plumbed...
  13. Kevin121

Re-route washing machine drain - vent question

Hello - I am looking to re-route my washing machine's drain line from the main septic drain to a separate drain/location. The question I have is regarding the vent for my toilet that is the next fixute "downstream" of the existing washing machine drain. The attached pictures probably illustrate...
  14. Kevin121

How to plumb outdoor spigot for both softened and unsoftened water

We are in the process of building a house and are starting to plan for installing a water softener. I have an outdoor water spigot that is connected to the house's PEX manifold system. The water flow will come in from the pressure tank (well source), then to a whole house sediment filter, and...
  15. Kevin121

Water softener discharge to washing machine stand pipe

We are building a house and am looking to install a water softener in the basement. I am thinking of discharging the water softener to the washing machine standpipe drain located on the main floor above the basement. The discharge pipe from the water softener would need to go vertical for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks