Search results

1. Kevin121

Washing Machine Hose reccomendations

Thanks! I didnt realize you could add separate elbows to these.
  2. Kevin121

Washing Machine Hose reccomendations

Hello - I am looking for a specific washing machine hose that I just can't seem to get my hands on finding. I'm looking for a 1 to 3 foot long (max) washing machine hose that has a 90-degree elbow on one end. My hose connections are very close to the machine and ideally I only need a 1 to 2 feet...
  3. Kevin121

Hydro jetting SDR 35 pipe

Hello all, I have 4" SDR 35 drainage pipe buried under down for my roof's downspouting from gutters. I recently noticed a couple larger rocks at the drain end (where it daylights). My father in law borrowed a snake camera from his work and we looked inside the pipe and we see some areas where...
  4. Kevin121

Tips for installing pipe insulation on PEX

Trying to revive this. Are there larger pipe clamps/supports that could go over both the insulation and pipe? That would allow me to install entire lengths of insulation without having to cut it at every clamp and make installation easier. I see 1-1/4" metal pipe straps but not sure how the...
  5. Kevin121

Flushing drainfield lines

Hi - I have a two-tank septic system with a sand-mound drainfield. The first tank holds solids, and then there is a Dosing tank that gravity feeds the drain field. In the sandmound I have four 1-1/2" clean-out risers and was told by the installer to open up the caps on those clean-outs once a...
  6. Kevin121

Adapt removable P trap to Schedule 40

Thanks! Do you recommend pipe thread sealant or teflon tape on the threads of the union? The person at my local hardware store said this wasn't required.
  7. Kevin121

Yes these are the ones I am referring to. Aren't both the inlet end out ends out it glued on though? How can it be removed if the stand-pipe (inlet) side is glued to it? Only the center piece connecting to the elbow has a union. Or you're say the entire section, including the stand-pipe could be...
  8. Kevin121

I like the idea Wayne however with the standpipe being glued in the inlet side and the 90 degree elbow glued on the trap arm how does this allow the trap to be removed if needed? It seems that the glued ends would not allow for any movement of the trap. I must be overlooking something obvious...
  9. Kevin121

Thanks! Just debating in this situation whether to just use the glued Schedule 40 trap, or the removable polypropylene that could be removed if necessary. I suppose the Schedule 40 could always be cut if it had to be and is a little stronger/rigid.
  10. Kevin121

@Reach4 Thanks! I do plan to attach a strap to the top of the standpipe to some wall blocking to provide additional support from it wanting to move. Is the following what I would need for this...
  11. Kevin121

Hi all - I am working through my water softener drain installation. I have the sanitary tee and couplings tied into the stack and now am working on the vent, P-trap, and air-gap connections (excuse the messy primer job :( ). As you can see in the picture (everything still just dry-fit...
  12. Kevin121

Re-route existing shower vent for Niche

Any tips for putting down-ward sloping pitch on the short horizontal run into the main vertical stack? I'm not sure how well the sloped pipe will fit into a fitting on the stack that is perfectly plumbed. I don't want water to be sitting inside those horizontal sections.
  13. Kevin121

Thanks guys for the feedback! I am hoping this is the better option than putting it in the exterior wall.
  14. Kevin121

Hello - We are finally getting ready to finish our shower on our newer home that the builder roughed in for us. It is a standard 3' by 5' shower. The shorter walls are partition walls, and the long wall is on an exterior wall. We had been going back and forth on putting the shower niche on the...
  15. Kevin121

Standing water in basement drain

If it was back pitched wouldnt it eventually back up the drain onto the floor? If I pour water into mine, the water level never comes up, so I wonder if it's just dead level?
  16. Kevin121

Standing water in basement drain

Hi all - I have a basement drain that connects to my home's footer drain pipe, which is daylighted below the house (does not connect to our septic system). I noticed that I always seem to have a constant amount of water in the pipe, no matter how much water I flush down the drain. The home is...
  17. Kevin121

Best way to couple tee fitting with pipe for repair area

Ok great on the Fernco. Yes I do believe you addressed this in Post #12 but I wasn't sure what you meant with "...1/8" for each stop in the shielded rubber couplings". I need to fold the rubber gasket back over itself temporarily as I insert the pipe between each coupling and then roll the...
  18. Kevin121

Best way to couple tee fitting with pipe for repair area

Hi Wayne - One more quick question, I've bought the Fernco Proflex 3005-33 coupler, but wanted to confirm that theres no issues that you can think of with using it in a vertical orientation with the vertical section of pipe? Also what length of pipe for the in-fill section should I subtract...
  19. Kevin121

Tips for installing pipe insulation on PEX

I am thinking of installing foam insulation around one of my PEX hot water lines that has to travel quite a ways from the water heater to the Kitchen faucet (~100 feet) to help keep it insulated a little better. The problem is that the PEX is attached tightly to the floor joists above, running...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks