Search results

1. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Exhaust/Condensate Leak?

I have a Navien NCB240e combi-boiler. Last year after a lot of effort, I finally got it tuned in with the outdoor temp sensor and the proper curve to heat the house well and avoid short cycling. However, I went down into my wonderful dirt floor basement to do annual maintenance on the DHW side...
  2. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

For anyone following this and in a similar situations, one of the best configuration changes I've made to the boiler so far has been the "burner off temperature" setting. I set that to 50... which means the burner doesn't turn off until the supply temp reaches 50 degrees over the set temp. I've...
  3. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Just keeping this up to date so others can learn from my experiences, too. With the camera in place, I did catch some short cycling of the boiler. The temps in MI have been in the 40's during the day with sun and still above freezing overnight, so the boiler doesn't have to work too hard. Most...
  4. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Don't have one, but I did set a thermometer oh the highest ledge I could set something and it's only a 1 degree difference from the thermostat which is about 5 feet off the floor
  5. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

In addition, I located an old IP camera and positioned it in front of the boiler so I can stop going down into the basement to look at it... and as I mentioned, it's always lit. No short cycling.
  6. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Well, I've got roughly 30 feet of fin-tube in the problem zone. At 120 degree water temp and 1 GPM flow it's at 190 BTU/ft according to the chart you shared. And let's assume they're not working great since they're old and they definitely have some deposits inside reducing the efficiency. So...
  7. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

The ~125 degree water is heating my first two zones and maintaining 70 degree set point without much drama. So while I've read those charts and understand them, it's clearly not that they're "off" below 140 and "on" above 140. Again, it's the 3rd zone which is a problem. The fin-tube and...
  8. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Don't mean to be combative, because I appreciate help and information - that's what I'm here for. But for as many assumptions as I'm making, you seem to be making quite a few yourself. My statements and assumptions are based on observations about what is actually going on in my home. And for as...
  9. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Yeah... I'm assuming its burning constantly because it can't hit the set point in the problem zone... why would it ever shut off the burner if a zone is still calling for heat? Every time I go look at it, the burner is on. My intention with adjusting the flow was to keep the water out in the...
  10. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

The thermostats are shutting down the zones when they should be (when room temp reaches the set point), but not before that. They're all different models (this house had lots of little additions over time). When I went to bed last night the Outdoor temp was 28F, the Outdoor Reset Curve was...
  11. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

The boiler has been running constantly for 24 hours - it's unable to raise the temp in my problem zone to the set point of 70 - it's been 66 degrees for the past 24 hours. (I have the Outdoor Reset Curve enabled using a custom Heat Load - basically running at a max of 60% space heating capacity...
  12. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

I did that last night before going to bed and it's having no problems keeping the two zones at 70F. The 3rd (problem zone) had been at 66 all day with the thermostat set at 70.
  13. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Yes, one pump: https://product-selection.grundfos.com/us/products/up-ups-series-100-north-america/ups-15-north-america/ups-15-58-fc-59896341 Not sure what you mean by supply water for heating loop... do you mean the make-up supply? If so, that's visible in the picture that ends in 3267 - it's...
  14. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Here are some photos. The leak has been fixed/bypassed and the Outdoor Temp Sensor installed. I'm still seeing only ~10 degree delta between supply and return temp (not that I expected these things to change that). This makes it really hard to keep the boiler in condensing mode because 130...
  15. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

Yes, still have a leak - the company who installed the boiler said they'll send someone out today. The system is mostly fin-tube baseboards. There's this one section where a previous owner linked together a bunch of elements under the kitchen floor. The pressure varies - it's between 12 and...
  16. jeff711981

Navien NCB240e Questions

I apologize in advance for the length of this post, my first post here, but I moved into a new house about 3 months ago and had to replace the boiler immediately. The old Munchkin one had gas leaks in the valve train and apparently Munchkin was sued out of business so people won't work on them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks