Search results

1. Brian80

Dirty water from new shower

I redid one of the bathrooms in my house over the summer (totally gutted, moved all fixtures, added a shower), and the shower now shoots out a bit of dirty water after it's been off for several hours. It's only for a second or two, then it clears up. I noticed it a while ago but ignored it...
  2. Brian80

Delta R10000 shower valve leaking at the valve stop - defective valve?

Hi, I installed a Delta R10000 PXWS and just found out that the hot side valve stop failed the pressure test badly. With the stop closed, it leaks out of the threads. Everything is tight. I never soldered any part of this valve and I installed the valve stops according to the instructions. I...
  3. Brian80

Anyone familiar with E-Con Supply?

Google turned up an online store that has ABS fittings, among other things: https://e-consupply.ca/collections/abs-plumbing . They're located in a small town outside of Winnipeg, although the address listed looks like farmland on Google Maps. The prices for ABS fittings are a fraction of what...
  4. Brian80

Cleanout location in basement bathroom

Hi, I'm planning to renovate a bathroom in the basement. I found this video which explains the exact DWV layout I need, but the only problem is that my bathroom is on a concrete slab so the cleanout location in the diagram won't work. My cleanout obviously needs to be above the slab, but I'm not...
  5. Brian80

Why no PEX sweep 90 fittings?

I recently had to take apart some polybutylene piping in my house (ironically, it was actually the soldered joint next it which failed). I noticed their elbow fittings had a gradual sweep like this: As far as I know, in the PEX world there are 2 options to redirect a pipe in a tight space...
  6. Brian80

Tankless water pressure questions

I had a Navien NPE-240A installed a few weeks ago. It replaced an 11 year old 40 gallon storage tank that could not handle peak demand (4 adults, 2 kids all showering in the evening). I was taking lukewarm showers on a regular basis, sometimes even cold showers... It's working well and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks