Search results

1. Greg-VA

Submersible well pump wire question?

From pump to cap is ~400FT plus another 90FT to service panel. Quotes are running at $750+ for 500FT spool of 10-2w/g sub cable. I can get UF cheaper or just 3 spools of stranded thhn/thwn and cable tie/tape them to the drop pipe. I can get a 500FT spool for ~$80 shipped to the door! Much better...
  2. Greg-VA

Submersible well pump wire question?

I posted this yesterday in the Electrical Forum and thought I should also post this here as well due to the experience of this forum on the subject. If submersible well pump wire is classified as THW, then can any THW(or mtw, thhn, etc.) PVC jacketed copper (stranded or solid) conductor be used...
  3. Greg-VA

Water Source Heat Pump Deep Pump Sizing

Bob & Sam, Thanks for the replies! Much to contemplate and learn from all the info. I am trying to find my well report that had to filed w/the county. It has specs on drawdown, GPM, etc. There is a spring "Home Show" in Richmond, VA on the Jan 19th. I will attend this, as there will be a...
  4. Greg-VA

Water Source Heat Pump Deep Pump Sizing

After reading (lurking) forums on well sizing and geo thermal heat pumps, I have not found a central source of expertise for proper sizing a deep well to a GSHP. Standard single speed pump coupled to a good size pressure tank is old tech, but dependable. The newer variable speed pump solutions...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks