Search results

1. MTy

Do I need a new cartridge or seats and springs?

I have a T24859 with stops that is leaking from the showerhead. It also leaks from the rain showerhead when the diverter is switched. I believe it's also the cause of a new cold/hot water crossover issue. No leaks when stops are shut. I emailed Delta for a new cartridge because I'm 99% sure...
  2. MTy

New Hybrid Water Heater Install

I was able to snag a 65 Gallon Rheem Hybrid heater for $400 off. It is being delivered in a couple of days. I taught myself to sweat copper when doing my master bath reno but because I've never installed a water heater I want to make sure I am doing things right and there isn't something I am...
  3. MTy

Water heater on the fritz... Tub damage?

Just finished renovating my master bathroom. Filled the 60 gallon acrylic soaker for the first time last night. After about half fill water turned yellow/brownish murky color. Also left a similar color film at the water line. Thankfully I was able to clean the film off. I'm thinking it's iron...
  4. MTy

Second water heater install

In the process of redoing my master bath and need to add a second water heater because of the new tub. I was going to hire it out but with the confidence I have from doing the bathroom plumbing (it all works perfectly thanks to the help I got here), don't think there is any reason I couldn't...
  5. MTy

Leaking around new Delta drain assembly.

Installed the linked Delta faucet and drain assembly. https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/559LF-GPM-MPU.html#undefined The drain assembly has 3 main parts. The flange, mid piece that screws into the flange, and tail piece. When testing I first noticed a leak between rubber and sink...
  6. MTy

CST746 Toto Drake3 rough-in

I have the following Toto Drake3 Model:CST746CSMFG#01 My flange rough-in is exactly 12 inches from my finished drywall. However I want to add tile. Probably an additional 3/8-1/2 with tile and thinset. The spec sheet seems to indicate I'll have about 1/4 between finished tile wall and tank...
  7. MTy

1 1/4 assembly trap to 1 1/4 stubout

Due to load bearing joist among other reasons I had to plumb each of my double vanity sinks with 1 1/4 PVC. (They are each separate and drain into a 1 1/2 line) What's the best way to connect a standard 1 1/4 trap assembly to the 1 1/4 stub out without cement so it can be removed in the future?
  8. MTy

HVAC duct run for bathroom remodel

I need some help on getting the new HVAC duct run right. A bit of background on the old bathroom layout. The old vanity area was part of the master bedroom which is apprx. 14 x 20. The toilet and shower was on one side and the closet on the other. There is a register in the master in front of...
  9. MTy

Danco shower valve stem shredded

I got up this morning to use my one working shower to find out it wasn't working. Both hot and cold water were coming out of the tub spout but nothing from the shower head. Turned the tub back on to see pieces of rubber coming out. Got home from work and pulled the diverter stem (which I...
  10. MTy

Master Bath Supply Line Runs

I'm nearly finished with my DWV and will be starting on the supplies this weekend. I'll be using Uponor PEX A. A couple of prelim questions. 1. The two supplies for the single vanity run under the floor and then a short distance up the wall. I was going to cut the copper under the floor as...
  11. MTy

Master Bath DWV Help, Please.

I posted a while back about moving a toilet. I've decided to keep it where it is for a number of reasons so reworked my bathroom plan. The string X marks where my shower drain will be. Its right ontop of a joist so I am going to cheat it down some to where the red dot is. Tennessee uses IPC. 1...
  12. MTy

Can this toilet be moved?

Can this toilet be realistically moved without access to the bathroom on the other side of the wall (not a possibility)? I need to move it about 8 to 10 inches "above" where it is. Or about two feet "down" depending on what is possible. The branch coming from the wall from the right has one...
  13. MTy

Bath tub quandary plus related water heater Q

Despite wanting a cast iron tub, I've decided for a number of reasons the tub in my new remodel has got to be acrylic. I am looking at the Kohler Underscore 60x32. 1. Is this a good acrylic tub? Any issues with Kohler acrylic tubs? 2. Overflow, I really don't want an access panel if I can help...
  14. MTy

Sayco 3 handle Tub/shower diverter issue

I am redoing my master bath but before I get that project started I need to fix my other shower. I believe the 3 handle SAYCO trim is original to when the house was built in 1978. It has started leaking hot water into the tub faucet when the shower is on. I am trying to decide whether to just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks