Search results

1. Curious Skip

Another smelly kitchen sink

It's tough to be perfectly clear with words! I only smell it when the drains are open. I also have checked the water for odors. Nothing.
  2. Curious Skip

Another smelly kitchen sink

So sorry to hear of Terry's passing. The family is in my thoughts. I have the typical two bowl sink, with a P trap and an AAV. There has been a slight odor present at times in the 17 years we've lived here. I have read a bunch here, but nothing stands out as to where the problem lies. Three pro...
  3. Curious Skip

Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler Problems, Solutions & Question

I have a TT Prestige Solo 110, and like several others above, I am having delayed ignition problems, with the associated BOOM. It's actually not a brand new problem, but one that my service company has been able to deal with. Maybe a couple of years now. And the boiler is 17 years old. So...
  4. Curious Skip

What water supply flow rates should I maintain for my home

It was this advice that I followed....this is a 4.5 gal tank. Much less stress on the system. I also listened to Reach4 and made sure the new tank was well supported. I was amazed at how heavy the old tank was....with no support beside the copper plumbing.
  5. Curious Skip

I did a little updating since last post. New expansion tanks on both the boiler and the AO Smith WH. The old tank on the AO Smith was full of water, held up by just the plumbing. The pressure now caps out at 54, where it was almost 80.
  6. Curious Skip

Looks like I'm talking in circles...edited to recalculate.
  7. Curious Skip

I would agree. That's the original plumber's work. And it is 15 years old...probably going to have it replaced soon, and I'll make sure it's supported. Gonna get a pro to change it. So are the expansion tanks sized as they should be?
  8. Curious Skip

The PRV is a Zurn 70XL, bypass design. And here are the three water heaters....
  9. Curious Skip

The whole house filter I installed suggests a maximum pressure of 90 psi. Is there any possibility of causing a rupture with this thermal expansion?
  10. Curious Skip

This one. I wish the house had been plumbed with something better, but it is what it is.
  11. Curious Skip

Yes. I have three water heaters, each with an expansion tank. With the addition of the second PRV, each supply line now has a pressure gauge downstream from the respective PRVs. I have not noticed any increase in pressure on the original supply line, only on the new one. The tank at the...
  12. Curious Skip

I have found higher static pressure readings twice now. When I open a faucet, the pressure immediately drops back to the set point. This is on the new line to the apartment. I have two gauges, one just downstream from the PRV, and another downstream from the new filter. Both were reading 78 psi...
  13. Curious Skip

I'm done, sort of. The intended result of good flow in the apartment shower was achieved. The tenant is very happy! But there's a few leaks, all in the threaded connections. The 2 brass nipples between the tee and the PRV and the ball valve, and the copper adapter upstream from the ball valve...
  14. Curious Skip

Don't know if I'll build another house or not, but if I do I'm gonna insist on some of the things you guys have said here.
  15. Curious Skip

That's what the boiler drain valve is for. I have a 200psi gage. I'll soon know what the incoming pressure is. The reason I did not use bigger diameter pipe is simply that we have 3/4 PEX throughout the house now, and even with the poor layout, it provides "enough" water to get by. (Well...
  16. Curious Skip

I was afraid you'd ask that. No, I only have a 3/4" incoming. It's not a 4 bath, but 3 1/2. The new line will serve 2 full baths, one of which is a guest room, usually empty.
  17. Curious Skip

This might be crazy, but the more I learn here about the does and don'ts, the less confidant I'm becoming. There's the code thing that I rarely understand the "why" part. Then there's the soldering technique...I read recently that you can easily use too much flux. The list goes on! I've been...
  18. Curious Skip

I didn't give this enough thought when you first posted it. I've thought about lots of things that a real plumber wouldn't think twice about, and I've decided to (finally) get started on the project. I came back here to see about any further discussion, and when I re-read this about a second...
  19. Curious Skip

I did look into renting, but the local place only has 3/4". I had my plumber install service to a new laundry setup in the apartment, and he used the clamps, so I have no issue with mixing the styles.
  20. Curious Skip

I could get my plumber to crimp the end fittings to a predetermined length of 1" PEX, then just connect both ends. The length of the run has about 10' of flexibility. I don't really want to install another PRV. So....just a thought...could I use 1" PVC? Do pros use PVC for supply these days?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks