Search results

1. thekid1

Plumbing drain layout for basement back to back bathrooms.

Hey thanks. I'm piping the vents out now. I'm gonna tie 2" into the existing 3" stack in the attic that goes through the roof. I just want to be clear I'm doing this correctly. For the 2 baths, the laundry and the kitchen sink, I ran 2" pipe for the vents and they all tie into eachother...
  2. thekid1

Thanks for the help guys. I'm not sure of the codes here in Long Island. The house was built in 2000. I made a mistake, that photo of the main house plumbing was in the east wall. I do have a small 2'x3' closet that has some ductwork going from the attic to the basement. I think I'll run...
  3. thekid1

Ok that's a good plan. Thanks. I'm having a problem with venting the kitchen sink, since the drain is not underground and will be running behind the wall until it gets to the sump. I was thinking of just venting it on its own to avoid going all the way across the apartment to tie into the...
  4. thekid1

Thanks I'm glad I came here and asked about this beforehand. I just want to be clear about something. I don't mean to beat this issue down, but there were a few drawings we had exchanged back and forth and I just want to be absolutely clear about some technical things before I tackle this...
  5. thekid1

Yes, but actually the kitchen sink drain will be mostly above ground and pitched around the West and South walls until it gets to the sump. Then it will be tied into the 4". So the drawing I have below is what you originally meant, correct?
  6. thekid1

Ok yes. I'll go with the individual wyes instead. So basically I'll rough it in the way James had proposed(the one in black marker). But what about the 3' rule. I read that a vent needs to be no more than 3' from a trap. The showers might be an issue reaching that number, no?
  7. thekid1

James thank you, I like your redo. Just a few questions: 1) What size vents do you propose on your redo that you made? Are they staying 2"? 2) I assume they are all 2". Can the horizontal vent pipe where they all meet, be the same size? I plan to run this 2" horizontal vent right into a...
  8. thekid1

Ok so anyone who was following my last thread, I decided to just bite the bullet and do the submersible pump. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the drains for these 2 bathrooms. I really want a clear understanding of how I am going to do this before I start. Basically what I have is I...
  9. thekid1

Non-submersible sewage pump for basement bathroom.

Ok so what do you propose? I've imagined a leak in any situation. Tank overflowing, toilet overflowing, dealing with a marinated pump in feces in the event of a breakdown. There are vibration isolators I can install as well. In fact, my proposal did not have to be installed with dwv...
  10. thekid1

I really appreciate your help. No, I'm not interested in the saniflow systems. They are quite interesting, but I'd like the bath to look like a normal bath. You make good points with the submersible pumps. I just still will trade them all for an easier and cleaner way of replacing or...
  11. thekid1

Actually, yes,, there is in fact a toilet involved here. I'm not sure I'm following the person's setup you posted in that thread. But in any event, the pump you had posted is pretty much what I'm looking for. You mentioned a pump that grinds or mascerates the solids. 1) Will this pump...
  12. thekid1

I have a basement bathroom and I know that the traditional way is to install a plastic sewage tub and install a submersible pump inside, but I don't see why this can't be done with a non-submersible pump instead, so that I can just have pipes in the sewage tub instead of marinating the pump, and...
  13. thekid1

Hand held bidet hose sprayer thingy. How to heat?

Hey, can you draw a quick sketch of what you mean? It's hard to visualize the way it would be piped out. For my case, I have an unfinished basement right underneath, so the cold line goes right through the floor to the toilet tank. I actually like this better being able to spray where you...
  14. thekid1

Hand held bidet hose sprayer thingy. How to heat?

Ok so I have this bidet hose that looks like an old style kitchen faucet sprayer. It tees in right where the supply water for toilet enters the toilet tank. Obviously this is cold water. Certain people would like this to be warm water. What's the best way to make this happen(running cost)...
  15. thekid1

Insta-hot vs third hot loop

1) Why do they go bad so soon? 2) How do they generally work? - Do they heat the water when it senses water flow, or is it constantly maintaining temperature? 3) I used a sink as an example to keep the question simple, but really what I need it for is the bidet spray hose on the toilet. It is...
  16. thekid1

Alpine condensing boiler taking a long time to heat house.

Ok, are you referring to the boiler pump or the heating zone pump?
  17. thekid1

Ok, what exactly are you asking me to do so I can be more help to diagnose this problem?
  18. thekid1

Ok I'll check. I dont have thermometers at those pipes, or are you asking me to feel them? Doesnt the screen that I showed on the boiler show those supply and return temps? I'm not sure exactly what your asking, I'm sorry.
  19. thekid1

I really dont know how to find this out to answer your question. You know what, maybe I should see if I can shoot a video of the screen on the boiler when it calls for heat so you can see how the boiler fires during the process. Other than that, I believe the tstat I have is a piece of crap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks