Search results

1. Dustbunny

Tankless water heater for closed loop shop floor

I am not a plumber but I think that a BTU is a BTU and a different way to heat the water is going to use the same amount of electricity. You might gain a small savings by using a tempering valve so some of the return water went right back out again but still... a BTU is a BTU
  2. Dustbunny

What color is your toilet?

The house I'm repairing was built in 1990. I have thrown out the pink toilet and shower but made a lot of effort to save the matching blue toilet and tub. Eljer . This is the original bath. I moved that giant tub across the hall and built a new bath so I could have a place to connect the vent...
  3. Dustbunny

Need 30 and 60 degree 3/4" copper elbows

I was ABsolutely sure I saw 60 degree yesterday. Thought it was strange. Made a special stop to check today and you all are right.... Guess it was just my dyslexia fooling with me. Sorry.
  4. Dustbunny

No, it was 3/4inch copper. I was buying 90s.
  5. Dustbunny

I saw 60 degree at Home Depot today.
  6. Dustbunny

Testing for COVID

Sorry you're not feeling A1 and it comes at an inconvienient time ! Worldometer says 83 million cases of the virus in the US. Population 330 million so there is a way to go to half.
  7. Dustbunny

Short sections of non-oxygen barrier PEX okay in baseboard system?

I just installed half a mile of pex for heat and the wire loom and spiral wrap Do Not make noise. The only noises I'm having are where the pex touches wood or itsself. I bought a bulk roll...a hundred feet or so to get the price down. Have old vehicles to use it on.
  8. Dustbunny

Short sections of non-oxygen barrier PEX okay in baseboard system?

Plastic wire loom or spiral wrap would make the pipe quiet if you don't want to use insulation. If your heat works well then I wouldn't insulate all of it.
  9. Dustbunny

Toilet base not flat

I saw those, Terry. Would be cheaper to buy a new toilet ! I'm not tall. Keep a brick in front of my toilet so my feet will touch the ground. This blue toilet is the secondary bathroom. Will get 'comfort height' and a brick for the primary. It has a big window with lake view right in front of...
  10. Dustbunny

Toilet base not flat

The toilet will be 1" above the tile on top of the plastic sheet. Have also found PVC sheet 1/2" thick. Might use 2 thicknesses of that cause it's cheaper. I need to find out if it's porous. Porous would make it hard to clean where the 1" thick HDPE sheets are solid and food grade ( cleanable)...
  11. Dustbunny

Toilet base not flat

I dry set it. It's a very low toilet. Flange is not set/plumbed yet. Think I'll buy a piece of 1" HDPE and bring the flange and the toilet up. Already had an Oatey flange shim set to get above the tile.. Will make another with excess HDPE so flange can screw down tight to plywood threw all the...
  12. Dustbunny

Toilet base not flat

Thanks for the quick reply, Terry. I've seen them mentioned before, do they stay in place ? None of them around but I can always send away.
  13. Dustbunny

Toilet base not flat

This is my favorite forum for plumbing help ! I just joined but have read lots. Thanks. I bought a house that the waste lines had no pitch and the ejector pump vented indoors. :rolleyes: So starting from scratch. I was married to a master plumber for 30 years so I have a clue and since he has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks