Search results

1. RonL1

Pump check valve ?

Yes, I had a leak many many years ago, and that's when the above ground check valve went in. To stop the cycling until I could replace the cheap pipe. I just never removed it. But you bring up good points why it shouldn't be there. I'll remove it next oportunity. My main concern of this...
  2. RonL1

Pump check valve ?

I looked online for a picture and this is as close as I can find. Similar, but only one raised section accross the middle that you can grab onto.
  3. RonL1

Pump check valve ?

Nope no pictures, but my inline valve has been there for probably 25 plus years. Not sure if it's illegal in SC, but makes me wonder why that would be.
  4. RonL1

Pump check valve ?

As I was installing my new pump, I looked down Into the top and saw this plastic piece that looked like a screwed in protection cap. I reached in and it was loose and it pulled up maybe an inch or 2. It had a raised section like it was made to turn and it did, I then realized it was probably...
  5. RonL1

Odd question about sediment build up

Good thinking, maybe as the pump was going bad somehow it heated the whole thing up... but the motor is on the bottom, so maybe the pump itself got hot, oh who really knows. It's fixed and that's what matters. Just an odd spot to get a build up like that.
  6. RonL1

Odd question about sediment build up

When I pulled my defunct pump up out of the well, everything looked pristine, just like out of the box, pump, pipes wires ... everything, except where the 1 1/4 fitting screwed into the pump. That whole area was covered in a ball of sediment. We had to chip it off to get to the fitting to...
  7. RonL1

Total head calculation

I would if I hadn't just put the new pump down the hole. It forced my hand. But I should have known it was comming as it acted a bit funny a couple months ago... where it ran a 1/2 amps for about 10minutes, then reverted back. Thought it was a loose wire ... should have just ordered back...
  8. RonL1

Total head calculation

Thanks, at my head and pressure, I shouldbe getting maybe a tad under 10.
  9. RonL1

Total head calculation

Great ! Thank you. Now if I could find a flow curve chart for this pump. Doesn't seem to be online countryline 1/2 hp 10 gpm 230v. 2 wire
  10. RonL1

Total head calculation

Even though I just replaced my submersible pump, I wouldlike to know my head and from what I see online it's a bit confusing. If I'm running a high of 60 psi through 1 inch pipes, with 4 elbows. Pump is 40 feet down. Static water level is 24 feet down. 55 feet of level pipe from well head to...
  11. RonL1

Submersible pump availability

Well. (Ha,ha) the decision was taken out of my hands ... my pump just gave up... right when I was explaining to my wife my dilemma of selecting. I was relegated to whatever I could find. With 95 degree Temps outside, I couldn't let the love of my life go without air ... or water. The best...
  12. RonL1

Thanks valveman, I don't see any flotec being carried by my local hd or lowes or tractor supply... maybe northern tool.... but I had started thinking about a grundfos 3 inch 2 wire 10 gpm. The soft start feature would be nice for when we lose power and the generator kicks in. Plus the built...
  13. RonL1

My current pump ( Meyers predator 8gpm) has been down the hole for around 25 years. It's been driving my geothermal heat pump so it has thousands apon thousands of cycles. And I know, don't fix it if it ain't broke, but sooner or later it's going to give up. Which leads to the problem of...
  14. RonL1

Not saving money by lower temp setting

Not sure if this would help much, my heater is ice cold to the touch.. to me that says it's keeping all the heat inside. A blanket could help a bit. I may give it a try anyway. But keeping an eye on my usage, my kw seems to have been reduced by almost 100 kw a month.. I will keep watching...
  15. RonL1

How do you wire a new 2 wire submersible pump ?

Thinking ahead to when my current pump fails, I am wondering about wiring the new one. Current pump is a 220 / 2 wire , no ground ... just 2 wires going down the hole. I'm pretty sure all new pumps have 3 wires, 2 hots and a ground. What do I do with the ground wire ? Just run it up the well...
  16. RonL1

Submersable pump went to half amps

I think your right, everything has been running fine ever since, it was just A very odd reading to see as the amps / wattage used in both heat pump and well stayed exactly the same rate for the same time period. Roughly 2500 for the hp and 547 for the well. I should have taken screen shots of...
  17. RonL1

No response from the experts ?
  18. RonL1

Also, this is a 2 wire. No grou d wire going down the well. Just 2 hots. I just checked the pressure switch connections, the circuit breaker connections and the wire nuts that extend the original wires to the generator sub panel. One wire nut was a bit loose, so maybe that's what did it. But...
  19. RonL1

My 220 2 wire submersible normally runs for roughly 4 minutes while it's pushing water through my geothermal heat pump. And draws about 1280 watts (5.25 amps) I monitor them using an emporia monitor. I just happen to see my well kick on at half the watts (547) for 16 minutes ( and there was...
  20. RonL1

Not saving money by lower temp setting

I was thinking even though I would use more of the 125 degree water, it would take less energy to heat it back.. but that does not seem to be the case. My wh, is old... it's a maytag model, discontinued, can't get parts of any kind for it, but it still runs fine. And when you feel the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks