Search results

1. Rockwind1

1/2 gpm is it worth casing

Thank you. Good advice. I will. Yes. Single phase. Was thinking of using a solar pump. I have a 6500 gallon water tank I want to put a float switch in.
  2. Rockwind1

The two guys drilling at work for a fairly big company called drill tech here, the main guy running the drill rig seems pretty young like late 20s. He said he would put casing on it, actually I’m looking out my window and they’re starting to put the casing in right now
  3. Rockwind1

Let me be more clear, here in my state you’re allowed one well up to 35 GPM for your house and you’re allowed another Stockwell, I think at the same GPM. The well that I’m using for the house is maybe a 10 GPM well, so I thought I would drill a Stockwell hoping to get better Gpm kind of for a...
  4. Rockwind1

This is a stock well, it was also going to be my back up well in case my other well which is like 400 yards away, and it’s a fairly good well like water static water at 150
  5. Rockwind1

I just drilled a 670 foot well, hit water at 560, stopped at 6:70, cost me about 10,000 bucks to drill this hole. The rating it at 1/2 GPM, the 4 1/2 inch plastic casing will cost me about 5000 bucks, is it worth casing and putting a pump in?
  6. Rockwind1

Septic tank question and where is good septic tank forum?

Was remodeling a bunk house I have for a single person renter but don't have any septic. For all the grey water I am doing a French drain for plant watering. I was going to put in a tank for solids and just have it pumped every 6 months. Anyone done this, is it feasible? Septic...
  7. Rockwind1

Suddenly, well stops producing or impeller ?

you must mean water level control,, yes, that it how it is controlled
  8. Rockwind1

i have not looked at diagnostic light,, that is a good idea.
  9. Rockwind1

i don't know what is shutting it off,, a couple times, i don't even know if it is actually off as like i said, it wasn't sending any water but was still pulling 1.x amps on both legs. what i do is shut off the big throw switch, and turn it back on and it usually works,, but for increasingly...
  10. Rockwind1

if there was a hole in the pipe,, wouldn't the pump just keep running? mine keeps shutting off, in increasingly shorter increments of time, fist time it ran 5 hours,, then 3 hours, then 1 hour, it just ran for like 30 minutes yesterday
  11. Rockwind1

i am not sure what a level control is.
  12. Rockwind1

the submersible is not controlled by a pressure switch,, it is controlled electronically by some warwick control box which is connected to some rods in the tank that measure water height. as the water goes below a certain point, the control box sends power to the franklin well control box...
  13. Rockwind1

Hi I posted a picture of the control box where I thought dry feature was I talked to a sort of friend does Wells told him which box it was and he said it had a Milton run dry cut off switch but he said they were problematic, that particular box anyways, I’ll try to post a picture later, anytime...
  14. Rockwind1

I had a good well on my little ranchette, 20 acres, just outside Prescott, AZ. the original well report from 2000 has limited info. the well is about 260' deep. and states a 6+ gpm production rate. I have a 1/2 hp franklin control box, a pretty nice one, with a run dry switch in it...
  15. Rockwind1

Open discharge freeze protection selinoid and drain

I’ve seen a couple electric solenoid valves online that are more industrial related and they were not recommended for water usage, just like gas or other chemicals
  16. Rockwind1

right,, sorry, thought i had posted i found one,,, do you know a better place to buy one or electric solenoid valves for culinary water use...
  17. Rockwind1

Well as you can see from a picture, i have come up with a idea to automatically fill up this tank via the existing riser. I have a jet pump 300 feet away from this tank that fills it up from an open discharge at the top. It’s a metal tank and there’s really no way to run a wire down to the...
  18. Rockwind1

Slow start systems for 1 1/2 hp pump

even if there are 2 check valves in the pipe coming up the well?
  19. Rockwind1

Slow start systems for 1 1/2 hp pump

right, but Is there anything wrong with setting it up like this?, Where the submersible fills up the storage tank from the bottom and the jet pump also gets its water supply from the bottom?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks