Search results

1. Giants_fan_in_PA

Basement rough in question

So, following instructions, here is what I did. Did I do it correctly?
  2. Giants_fan_in_PA

Thanks for the idea. That's pretty cool.
  3. Giants_fan_in_PA

One last thing...Should I be concerned about cleaning out the trap if it isn't directly below the drain?
  4. Giants_fan_in_PA

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm not sure how to use the 45's but I'll figure it out. The one thing I am sure about is lousy job done with the rough in.
  5. Giants_fan_in_PA

In my mind, the trap is above the wye. I run 5-7 inches of pipe out out of the trap to the top left corner and then go down to a 90 m towards towards the wye. Correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying the trap goes to the top left corner and then I run pipe up and over and up to the drain.
  6. Giants_fan_in_PA

I can do most anything. I've dug down deep enough to put the trap into the wye as you suggest. I just thought the drain is supposed to go directly into the trap instead of running pipe into a couple of directions before getting to the trap.
  7. Giants_fan_in_PA

Got it. I'll connect the p-trap to the wye and go vertical from there. I'll have to go up and another 90 going horizontal to the drain. another 90 going up through the drain connection finishes the job. Thanks for input.
  8. Giants_fan_in_PA

OK. So I just get it right. If I put the trap directly under the drain and run 4-5 inches of pipe to a 90 down to the wye, I'm not venting properly. Correct? P.S. Digging deeper isn't an issue. I've already gone down deep enough.
  9. Giants_fan_in_PA

What is the reason for the trap being on the same elevation on the wye? What is preventing it being above the wye so the shower drains directly into the p-trap?
  10. Giants_fan_in_PA

OK. I've dug it out. Here's a picture. I've taped and drawn a circle where the drain goes into the shower pan. I need to install the P-trap. I plan on extending the horizontal 2" line into the top left corner and adding a 90 elbow going vertical a couple of inches. Another 90 going horizontally...
  11. Giants_fan_in_PA

Great comment. Thanks. I had to fight the Ryan Homes GC to put in the box. He was going to pour the concrete up to the pipe. As you can see from the first picture, there isn't a trap. Honestly, how could the pro allow that to happen?
  12. Giants_fan_in_PA

I'm trying to understand this rough in. This was done as part of new construction. I had no say in what was done. I have before and after concrete pour pictures. It looks like there isn't a p-trap where the shower is connected. Is this normal? Do I have to dig it up? Am I wrong in what I'm...
  13. Giants_fan_in_PA

Venting a basement rough in

I'm not using an AAV for this. Thanks for the feedback.
  14. Giants_fan_in_PA

Thanks for the response. Yes, there is an atmospheric vent in the ceiling over by the ejector. I wasn't 100% sure about the wet venting but you've confirmed what I thought. Thanks, again.
  15. Giants_fan_in_PA

Hey guys, I'm planning the basement bathroom in my new house. The basement was already roughed in when I purchased. Here's a picture before they poured the concrete: From left to right: vanity, wc, shower, ejector pump(not shown) Where do I put the vent? I have a guess but would like to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks