Search results

1. rss1978

Did I make the right purchase? 9100SXT vs 5600SXT

I just installed a 9100sxt with 64k per tank thanks to a lot of advice and help from this forum. I have much harder water than yours. After two weeks, I am more than happy. It is working great. Water hardness has been less than 1 gpg every time I have tested. Might be more than you neede based...
  2. rss1978

Fleck 9100 SXT Programming/Settings

Makes sense on metered water. Brine tank is 18x40. It has a grid in bottom that is roughly 6" or so off bottom. When I added my initial 6 or 7 gallons, it filled to about one inch above grid as directions wanted. Added salt from there. Not real sure how much salt brought water up, but I would...
  3. rss1978

System ran out of soft water for the first time and did an immediate regeneration. Seemed to go as it is supposed to go. One thing I noticed is that the "water meter" only went down about 15 gallons. My wife was washing clothes, so I think a lot of that was from the washer and a little sink...
  4. rss1978

A couple of more questions have come to mind. I want to have a good understanding of all of this. 1. By regenerating immediately and selecting no reserve, will the regeneration still be using softened water from the other tank during renegeration vs hard water coming in? 2. I added about 6...
  5. rss1978

It is nice when a plan starts coming together. Installation and setup went as planned witTh only a few questions popping up. I will write all settings I used...that came up as I scrolled through. Most are as we discussed above, but a few were slightly different. If something is wrong, please...
  6. rss1978

Thank you all for the replies. I had not thought much about compensated hardness. One question I have about compensated hardness....my understanding is that compensated hardness is actual hardness + Iron + Manganese. I have no iron. I am not sure about Manganese (wasn't tested), but my TDS...
  7. rss1978

I am finally installing my new Fleck 9100 SXT!!! Thanks to the help of many on these forums, I am getting it done...slowly! Final assistance I need is on programming the darn thing. A little about the system and water: Each tank = 2 cu. ft (64K) BLFC - 0.5 gpm DLFC - has nothing listed...I...
  8. rss1978

Fleck Drain Line

So dittohead.... Do you recommend that I install the spring vacuum breaker? It is in an area that I don't need a geyser! I was just going to go up and leave an exposed open pipe as we discussed on the phone earlier. But if a spring vacuum breaker is a little extra insurance, I am willing to do...
  9. rss1978

Fleck Drain Line

I like the idea of having a valve to use the septic if I wanted to. Mialynette...I planned to have a Tee as the run from the valve down began. On the top side of the Tee, I was going to run about a foot or two up for an air vent. Would this work to eliminate the vacuum? I figured with an...
  10. rss1978

Fleck Drain Line

Would I just be better off having it run to my septic tank instead of trying to route it outside? That would be the easy way to do it. How bad is it for a septic system? I am reading conflicting information on the detriments to a septic system.
  11. rss1978

Fleck Drain Line

Pump is set at 40-60 psi. Coldest temps I can remember are 10-15 degrees F. Usually the coldest overnight lows are about 20 degrees F. Rarely does it stay below freezing here over 24-48 hours. There would be about 20 feet hugging the house foundation. I planned to bury the rest of outdoor...
  12. rss1978

Fleck Drain Line

I am fixing to install a Fleck 9100. I can run a drain right into my drain for my septic tank...this is what my old Kenmore softener was on...but I would rather reroute the line outside of my house into an open area by my drive. I do not have to worry about killing grass or trees at this...
  13. rss1978

New softener purchase advice

Ditto and Reach....thanks for the help. I think I am leaning toward the 96K/3 cu ft unit. I have looked the salt/cu ft chart and think that it will make more sense because I want the tank to regenerate at least every 7 days since I have a well. I also roughly calculated our weekly water use...
  14. rss1978

So Reach4, by "larger unit", I believe you are referring to the 120,000 grain...correct? You are correct...the SFR I included is tub only. If something else was running it would be increased. But I think with the 7000 valve I could have ALOT going at once and be alright. It allows probably...
  15. rss1978

Thank you for your reply, Dittohead. Your calculation has 60 gals/day/person. Other things I have read and my dealer says 75 gals/day/person. Why do you go with 60 instead of 75? So the 90,000 grain would be about 6 or 7 days for 60 gal/day, but would the 120,000 be too much? I have that...
  16. rss1978

I have read much information about sizing a water softener over the last few weeks...I just want to make sure I am on the right page before I purchase a new system. My current undersized Kenmore softener has died. I now want to upgrade to a good system. My specs are as follows: Water system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks