Search results

1. Deck House NIC

Gerber Maxwell wall hung gasket

Thank you. I'm reluctant to mess with the carrier since I'm not a plumber. I'm going to avoid the wax one but the Fernco one is really interesting and cheaper than the Zurn. Do you know with the Fernco seal if it gives you more ability to insert further so I won't have the spacing issue? I don't...
  2. Deck House NIC

Gerber Maxwell wall hung gasket

I am replacing our old American Standards with Gerber Maxwell wall hung toilet. Took the old toilet off and did some wall repair and painting. Got a neoprene gasket from Zurn and went to install the toilet and the gasket seems to be too thick. The toilet ends up about 1/4-1/2 inch off wall and...
  3. Deck House NIC

First bathroom remodel Deck House

Yes. Kerdi board for the framing and ditra for the floor (uncoupling membrane). I'm still figuring out best way to transition and seam things. Thanks Terry! I'm still waiting for the plumber to all me back who installed the Gerber. It's good to know that the current carriers are ok. He had...
  4. Deck House NIC

First bathroom remodel Deck House

I'd love feedback and encouragement along the way of this remodel. I own a 1965 Deck House in New England. Deck Houses are funky. They are a post and beam homes. Plumbing is through the walls. There is nothing between the two floors except solid wood. I am renovating my daughter's bathroom...
  5. Deck House NIC

4 wall hung toilets with problems

So I installed the korky platinum. That went fine. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve run into a problem with the flapper. It’s a strange looking American Standard flapper that all our toilets have. I don’t know how to attach a regular flapper to it. I’ve changed regular flappers before but...
  6. Deck House NIC

Contractor came by and pulled the toilet out. Thankfully the damage was pretty minimal (though not on my wallet). Wax gasket had disintegrated. They replaced it with another wax gasket and put toilet on. He said the fill valve was running constantly so water was cycling through all the time...
  7. Deck House NIC

Great. Thanks so much. I'll update on what we finally do.
  8. Deck House NIC

Thank you for the replies. The Gerber is ok. We're working with a plumbing company and hoping that some of the Duravit rear (horizontal) outlet options will work with our rough in. We have the contractor taking the toilet off monday. Will assess the damage to the wall and floor then get the...
  9. Deck House NIC

Hi all Long post as I have 4 toilets. Apologies. We just moved in to a Deck House with 4 toilets. We have well water. All 4 toilets are American Standard wall mounts most likely original to the 1960's that are high water users and have long slow flushes. The only identifier F4049184 seems to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks