Search results

1. andyupnorth

Water softener loop required

Hi all, Not planning to install a WS but code requires a loop to be installed. Tried to reach out inspector with questions but no luck. Inspection to happen in a couple of days. What should the loop look like and be located? See attacked sketch on what i have in mind. In the sketch I have all...
  2. andyupnorth

Need a well cap/cover - extended version.

Got a call from a Baker engineer that suggested their 6WPSM. Just under 3" headroom so it will do the job (unless I jury-rig something - it's $200). Thanks all for the input. https://www.completeplumbingsource.com/baker-6wpsm-watertight-cast-iron-well-cap-with-screened-air-vent
  3. andyupnorth

The upper part of the black plug rests on the top of the casing. The cord grip and the vacuum valve sticks up 1.5"-2" above the top of the black plug. A standard well cap only has 1" or so headroom.
  4. andyupnorth

I'm well aware (pun intended) of the pressure in the casing. When I remove the center plug on the casing seal the plug takes off quite a few feet in the air. With this artesian flowing well I have no water standing at the top. If I run the pump 15 minutes/150 G the water level is at 30', 30...
  5. andyupnorth

Hello smart people out there. With a vacuum valve and a liquid-tight cord grip on my well cap I need more room under the well cover. As you can see in the picture, I would need an additional 1.5" between the base and the cap and the life would be good. Does anyone a suggestion where to find a...
  6. andyupnorth

Artesian flowing well issues

ANOTHER UPDATE did additional tests today trying to understand what's going on; - Removed the 10GPM Dole valve. - Replaced the pressure switch to one w/o the low pressure shut off. (Correction: stated 10GPM pump earlier - it's actually a 7GPM pump). - Opened one hydrant at full blast - 11GPM...
  7. andyupnorth

This is not an option. The state doesn't allow any overflow for any reason. Spoke to the water resources inspector about this since it was often done in the "old days" (or when the inspector looked another way :-))
  8. andyupnorth

Thanks for all he feedback and explanations. Highly appreciated for a newbie like me... ....so you suggest remove the low-pressure cutout switch and the dole valve and run it for a few hours to let it settle? Wouldnt that "over-speed" the 10 GPM pump (due to the upthrust) and potentially ruin...
  9. andyupnorth

The tank is 81 gallons. Should be sufficient (I think).
  10. andyupnorth

Another test I did today; Released the trapped air in the well casing by pressing down the vacuum valve until water came up. Adjusted one hydrant to run at about 10 GPM. The tank pressure was stable at 40-45 PSI. The vacuum valve is still letting air into the casing (water level sinking)...
  11. andyupnorth

Yes, ThirdGenPump, the driller used air to make the yield test. I installed the pump myself (not a pro). The equipment and height of the pump was the recommendation of the pump supplier based on our well report. UPDATE; Did some testing today. Replaced the pressure switch to a unit (still...
  12. andyupnorth

We have a new well and I just installed the pump equipment. The well is 330' deep artesian and the overflow is 2.5 GPM. When capped it builds up 6.5 PSI pressure. The submersible 7 GPM (correction - 10 GPM stated earlier) pump is hanging at 100' and the pitless adapter is installed at 5' below...
  13. andyupnorth

Sorry, double posting. please remove.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks