Search results

1. R

Proper pipe size for water softener and house feed?

@Bannerman Thank you for the info on KDF85. I'm planning to replace all pipes with 1". Still trying to decide whether to keep the KDF tank in addition to the softener tank. None of the surrounding neighbors use a KDF or carbon prefilter. But, the sulfur smell coming out of the taps in the summer...
  2. R

I know this is a topic shift, but it continues the above conversation... Our single problem now with the dual tank water filtration system (one tank holds KDF and activated carbon, the other is a salt based softener) is we get a rotten egg / sulfur smell from (some, not all) COLD water taps...
  3. R

@Bannerman Thank you for the backwash flow numbers. We have a separate tank today for the KDF and cabon, that's in addition to the softener tank. None of our neighbors uses a pre-softener tank, and measurements the past few months with the kdf bypassed show no changes (except what I'm going to...
  4. R

@Reach4, thank you much for the detailed reply. 1. Part of the backwash cycle is reversing the water flow (now bottom up). Maybe no problem with just the softener medium. I was thinking what it would do to a filter tank with kdf85, carbon and a gravel bed. 4. The house was built in 1987. I...
  5. R

@GReynolds929, thank you for the expert advice.
  6. R

Hi All, I'm posting on this board since the project is related to replacement of my water softener system, even though the question is more general. We're replacing our water softening system due to age. The current setup is, we are on well water. The pump outdoors runs into a closet in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks