Search results

1. FreeLander

I created my own USB type C. It charges 5v devices, but not my Mac.

Hello. Thanks for getting back to me. I could buy a USB-C cable for cheap anywhere here too, but I got involved in the DIY world and I don't seem to have gotten enouh of building things I don't need but to challenge myself. I enjoy it alot. Thanks for the link. If you ever come back to Saudi...
  2. FreeLander

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I have connected both data wires (white and green). It just doesn't seem to be able to recognize my cable though I'm using Apple's official wall pack.
  3. FreeLander

Hello, I did my research on making my own USBC, I figured that I needed two 5.1kOhms resistors from CC1,CC2 to GND. I managed to find the pathway of CC1 in the breakout board I'm using and used the resistor to pull it down to GND. It did work and charged my Hawai headset, but it does not charge...
  4. FreeLander

I live in an old apartment, ungrounded. Can I make my own grounding?

I like the idea, but how can I discharge the leaking current after the device shuts off?
  5. FreeLander

That seems like alot of work and beyond my skills. Excuse my ignorance, but say I have a device that draws 3000W connected to a 240V and is fed 13Amps with a 30amp breaker. and this device is not grounded. If I routinely touched the device with a metal multiple times a day in an attempt to...
  6. FreeLander

Hello, I live in Saudi Arabia, in a very old apartment building that does not have a grounding wire, only one hot (220v) and neutral. I'm running a 3,000W AC without a ground and I'm getting worried. how can I ground an ungrounded apartment without much cost?
  7. FreeLander

Two appliances, one wire?

hi, Here's the pump's nameplate, its inner motor, and wiring:
  8. FreeLander

Hi. I see where you're coming from, but I reside in the UAE and it's always 220v with a brown hot and a blue natural, and a colored ground. They both look like this:
  9. FreeLander

Hello, I have a 220v 2amp pump and a 220v 0.5amp fan that I will only use together. Therefore, I want them both on a single plug. Is it as simple as wiring both hot wires into a third wire extending from the plug? and doing the same with neutral?
  10. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

Thank you, Wayne. I went with your explanation, which turned out to be 100% right. I was able to successfully change this.
  11. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

Thanks, Wayne. This is some professional advice!
  12. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

Yes. Weird. This is a very old house. I did take the measurements between two conductors and got v230. There's no AC, didn't get one, but this plug was made for it.
  13. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

That makes sense! I just noticed the gauge difference indeed! Question: When I do replace this outlet with a receptacle. Should I snug both blacks in the neutral just like it is now?
  14. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

I wouldn't know, my multimeter doesn't have a Hz reading feature.
  15. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

excuse me but how did you know this was 50Hz?
  16. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

Thanks for the valuable information. Can we conclude, based on the multimeter, that the red is hot and the two black are neutral and ground shoved in together?
  17. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

I want to power a 3,000W device instead of the AC, not needing one. I still don't figure out the wire, why is there two neutral?
  18. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

Back and forth between the two.
  19. FreeLander

Plug Wire breakdown.

That's what I keep reading online, but multimeter gave me 230v in a single wire, the two blacks were negaitve.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks