Search results

1. DebbieDoesDIY

Drill-Thru Pitless Adapter?

Thank you! I understand your concern about the PB Blaster. We do not drink this water, because it just doesn't taste very good to begin with.
  2. DebbieDoesDIY

I forgot to answer your other question with regard to how deep the pump was. It was 31 and 1/2 ft from the bottom side of the pump to the point at which the pump connected to the pitless adapter.
  3. DebbieDoesDIY

Oh, wonderful! Thank you for the information.
  4. DebbieDoesDIY

Thank you! I was wondering if the wire stand-offs and torque arrestor will still be needed. What can we do to limit the on/off cycles - that was a constant issue for the past 6+ years that we've lived here.
  5. DebbieDoesDIY

Thank you for the advice. The good news is, we broke it free last night! We went and picked up some PB Blaster yesterday afternoon then my husband rigged up a tri-pod/winch system to see if we could loosen the adapter from the well casing housing. After the lubricant sat on the joint for a...
  6. DebbieDoesDIY

Give some thought to fashioning a slide hammer as Cacher_Chick suggested in the following post. Yes, that is under consideration as is the neighbor's tractor with a bucket on it. Thank you!
  7. DebbieDoesDIY

After hours of researching this adapter and a phone conversation with an expert on YouTube, we agreed that we likely have a Maass Midwest Model J Weld-On Pitless Adapter. This style is permanently installed by welding a housing to the outside of the well casing. This housing is designed to...
  8. DebbieDoesDIY

Thank you for your comment. You might be right, but we cannot get this thing loosened. Here is what I know now - In the old thread ( https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-do-i-puill-this-pitless-adaptor.47684/ ), the commenter who mentioned the "drill-through pitless adapter" says...
  9. DebbieDoesDIY

I thought that might be the case so I just located it.
  10. DebbieDoesDIY

Here is a link to the old thread I was reading. Ours looks exactly like this one and in the replies to the OP's post they discuss the drill-thru pitless adapter: Thread 'How Do I Puill This Pitless Adaptor?' https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-do-i-puill-this-pitless-adaptor.47684/
  11. DebbieDoesDIY

Thread 'How Do I Puill This Pitless Adaptor?' https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-do-i-puill-this-pitless-adaptor.47684/
  12. DebbieDoesDIY

My husband and I are trying to replace our submersible well pump. I was able to see a conversation thread on here from 10+ years ago where somebody had the same type of pitless adapter we have. In that thread it was referred to as a "drill-thru pitless adapter". We cannot get this thing pulled...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks