Search results

1. Lukewalker64

Help identify manifold fittings

This is not a PEX A fitting -- the barbs look like a crimp fitting (PEX B).
  2. Lukewalker64

Vent size for toilet, shower, and vanity for IPC

Here's a rough drawing of what I'm considering, in case it's helpful. Would appreciate any feedback or thoughts.
  3. Lukewalker64

Check my PVC connections

You can buy stud shoes at the big box store to reinforce the compromised studs. It doesn't fully replace all the strength of the drilled stud, but does help. Simpson makes heavy duty shoes that add extra strength. IPC 911.1 limits a common vent to two trapped fixtures (e.g., the two lavs). You...
  4. Lukewalker64

Check my PVC connections

Are you under UPC or IPC? 1. Agree that A should be a combo or a wye with 45. 2. Consider stacking santees instead of the double fixture fitting, since you have the washing machine combining with the lav. 3. Can you add a vent for the washing machine trap? As shown below in blue.
  5. Lukewalker64

Vent size for toilet, shower, and vanity for IPC

Under IPC, when wet venting a bathroom group with a single vent at the lav, does it matter what order the drains join together? E.g., can the lav join a 3" pipe downstream of the water closet, then the shower and tub join the same pipe further downstream, before the 3" pipe flows into a vertical...
  6. Lukewalker64

Island Vent Install-with little clearance in floor below

Thanks a lot for the guidance Wayne and Jeff. I got this glued up and in the floor over the weekend. Still need to get the foot vent line in place, but I'll post a pic once that's done.
  7. Lukewalker64

Thanks, here's a reconfigured version. This version has the vent vertical (45) until it goes up into the loop, and the foot comes off the vertical. I ordered a street wye and a street 60 elbow to reduce the overall height. It's a tight fit, but this looks like it'll exactly get 1/4"/foot drop...
  8. Lukewalker64

Utility/Master drain and vent design

This is a cool drawing. What software did you use?
  9. Lukewalker64

Is my DWV acceptable & the best option for new 2nd floor master bath?

Would also be helpful to know what size your joists are and what direction they run. A 3" pipe is hard to pass through joists because the hole is so big.
  10. Lukewalker64

Thanks for the quick response, Wayne. So is the idea that the foot vent has to come off the vent drain line from the island loop above the level of the main drain line? And that the foot vent horizontal run should be above the level where the foot intersects with the vent drain line? Or is it...
  11. Lukewalker64

Is the below mockup effectively what Terry was describing in this post? I am installing a loop vent in 2x10 joists, so there's not clearance to have the foot vent come off a vertical fitting and still have enough rise to run over to the wall. I've got a wye rolled at 45, so the foot vent comes...
  12. Lukewalker64

Need to redo PVC fitting?

This looks a cool tool. It looks like it shreds the pipe though--does it not also damage the interior of the fitting? If the interior of the fitting is not smooth, does that create potential for leaks?
  13. Lukewalker64

I pushed it in all the way until it couldn't go in any more, and then held it past the count of 60 so it wouldn't push back out. So it's in pretty much all the way. The white line appeared after I connected the other end of the pipe to the coupling and then the next piece of pipe to that to go...
  14. Lukewalker64

I’m installing a new laundry room drain, and one of my connections looks like it does not have as solid of a connection as the others. The tee is pretty close with a number of fittings, so it’d be quite a bit of work to cut it out and start over, as I’d have to replace at least four fittings. Is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks