Search results

1. herynkc

PRV pulsating noise

The pulsating noise starts at under 15gal/min when experiencing a 17 psi falloff (this is with a 135psi inlet pressure and 60psi outlet pressure, so 75psi differential) it is rated at about 28gpm unit's technical data is attached. this is a 1" unit...
  2. herynkc

PRV pulsating noise

3/4 copper line is being opened. its not even drawing half the rated manufactuer spec'd gpm
  3. herynkc

PRV pulsating noise

Thanks. yes figured it was a bad unit. We have the replacement in hand but haven't gotten there yet to make a swap. This is a high end remodel in Portland. Client is an architect and cares about what gets installed behind the scenes as much as what gets installed at surface level. One of...
  4. herynkc

PRV pulsating noise

Just roughed in a residential water supply system. Inlet pressure was rather extreme at 110-135psi so obviously a PRV install was needed. We are now experiencing a low to moderate (72 dB) pulsating noise at the PRV when water is flowing through the system. Below is a link to a video that...
  5. herynkc

Health / perfomance concerns with using HVAC (ACR) / refrigeration soft copper for residential potable water?

I searched the web pretty thoroughly, and have yet to find an article, post, or video that says acr should not be used for plumbing. Plenty of folks out there have mentioned that they do it without issue, so I reckon its OK. Just figured I'd ask on here to see what the consensus view was.
  6. herynkc

Health / perfomance concerns with using HVAC (ACR) / refrigeration soft copper for residential potable water?

Yeah it makes absolutely no sense that acr would be cheaper than plumbing pipe given the additional cleaning capping etc, For whatever reason right now it is less than half the cost! Im not sure if thats a supply chain issue or what?
  7. herynkc

We have a tube straightener, a Rothenberger robend 4000, and a swageing/rerounding tool. Should not be an issue to manage. The pipe needs to get inserted up into a 2x6 joist bay perpendicular to the joists. We are not permitted to run it on the surface, so theres really no other choice. It...
  8. herynkc

Dimensions are the same just the labeling differs; as stated type L plumbing tube in 3/4" nominal is equivalent to 7/8" actual in hvac tube. In these particular size comparisons there is no difference in either the OD or the ID as the wall size is consistent. compare these two for example...
  9. herynkc

I got a quote from our local supply house today of over $2000 for 200ft of 3/4 type L soft copper. 3/4" Type L has a .045" wall thickness, with a 7/8" OD. My understanding is that plumbing copper uses alloy C12200. The ACR tubing Im looking at is also alloy C12200, and if you buy 7/8" you are...
  10. herynkc

Basement Bathroom Group Wet Vent

Many thanks for all your suggestions and feedback. If starting fresh, the most labor and cost effective method wouldve been wwhitney's second suggested schematic. However at this point it involves cutting open the main 4" drain again. I did not want to get into this as it would be a real...
  11. herynkc

thanks for your reply. I just attached another photo documenting what I ended up doing. (I have not installed the new trap for the shower just yet, but there will be one.) Both the shower and lav now are dry vented to above. The toilet is still relying on the the 3" dry vent (and yes it is...
  12. herynkc

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "overprotection"? There was no bathroom group here originally. I have added all that is pictured, aside from the original 4" drain. Also note that the main drain is 4" not 3" I appreciate you sharing your drawing, however I cannot really read it...
  13. herynkc

I current have what is pictured installed for a bathroom group in a basement (toilet, lav, shower). These are tieing directly into the main 4" drain under the basement slab. There is a 3" main vent stack conveniently located just downstream of the toilet (this is a dedicated 3" dry vent for...
  14. herynkc

Looking for feedback on Drain and Vent Layout for Home Remodel

And yes, those pex lines are temporary...
  15. herynkc

Yep it’s all 4 inch actually, based on the existing stack. Here’s a photo of it. Check out all these back to back 90s. Surprisingly there’s no issues with the toilet flushing. This whole thing is getting ripped out and redone since the bath is getting moved. If I run a 3 inch toilet drain...
  16. herynkc

I appreciate your help James. I will have to dig up that area of the slab to know if it is 3 or 4”. I will put in 4” if i can. I think you’re referring to the bathroom in the basement not the 1st floor. So you’re saying to wet vent the toilet through the sink drain? I was planning on...
  17. herynkc

Thanks everyone for your replies. Wow, sounds like doing a loop vent is the better way then. Here is another drawing that should give you more info. I hope there isn't too much information in one place. I can also break it down into individual drawings for legibility sake.
  18. herynkc

I accidentally posted this in the remodel forum first. I am now reposting here since I think it is more appropriate. The attached diagram shows the design that I am planning on going with. It is a single family home with an income apartment in the basement. Totaling 2 kitchens, 2 full...
  19. herynkc

Replumbing single family home, any suggestions?

The attached diagram shows the design that I am planning on going with. It is a single family home with an income apartment in the basement. Totaling 2 kitchens, 2 full bathrooms, and a laundry area. I have a few questions and concerns before I begin: - The relief vent for the AAV install...
  20. herynkc

Are 2 Quarter (90) Bends Allowed In Horizontal Drain Line?

I ended up installing it like this, a wye with a 45 and a 22.5 on the end:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks