Search results

1. AndrewKR

Troubleshooting the soda ash pump not shutting off

Thank you for all the help. Once the well service guy fixed the small leak near the pressure tank my issue with the soda ash injector was solved. That small leak must have been keeping enough water moving to mess up the flow valve keeping the soda ash injector running. I’m all good now. Thanks...
  2. AndrewKR

So I did the test using the ball joint in front of the flow switch to control water flow. The switch and soda ash injector pump worked correctly. So im thinking the small oozing leak over by the pressure tank ( loss of 1 psi per hour when the power is off) is messing up the flow switch. The...
  3. AndrewKR

I am going to try that ( ball joint off to see if switch/pump turn off). As for the adjustment screw. I played endless with it making very small adjustments. I could not find a setting that would have it work properly. It would either not turn off reliably or not turn on reliably. Since I have...
  4. AndrewKR

Right, so shutting the ball joint just before the flow switch would ensure no water is going through the flow switch. If that makes the flow switch/pump stop then we know the issue is some sort of leak where water is still flowing even when the house water is off. Do I have that right?
  5. AndrewKR

I see. Sorry for that confusion. I did purchase and install a new flow control switch. It behaved exactly as the old one. The flow switch stays in an on position and the soda ash pump/injector pumps away. I can manually move the flow switch lever down with a screwdriver to shut it off but the...
  6. AndrewKR

Thanks for the manual Filter30! That was included in the new switch that I bought to replace the old one. Reach4, the attached pic has the old wiring set-up on the terminals. I matched the wires to those terminals with the new switch. I think I improved the connection by getting all of the wire...
  7. AndrewKR

Thank you for taking a look at my post and the photo tip. I reduced the photo size and attached them. I realized I screwed up and confused brine and soda ash. We mix soda ash and water and fill that white container every few weeks. You will see a blue line coming out of the pump on top of the...
  8. AndrewKR

The soda ash pump was continuously running after the water was shut off. I found the flow switch control that activated the soda ash pump and learned to push the plunger down to manually turn the pump off when no water was flowing. The pump would correctly start when water flowed but would not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks