Search results

1. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to my understanding of the problem. My plan is to brave the consequences of doing nothing for another 45 days or so (2nd vaccine inoculation), then contact the driller AND the plumbing contractor. It will be interesting to see what solutions they...
  2. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

I really appreciate everyone's input - this forum is a wealth of knowledge. When I started this post, I was hoping for a simpler (and cheaper) solution, but it doesn't seem to have gone that way. I'm going to have to think long and hard before having the driller pull the pump. I have no idea...
  3. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

OK, I'm confused (and a little scared). I was under the impression that fast up/down pressure ramps are what causes water hammer, not the absolute velocity of the water. Disclaimer: IANAPOD* If I understand the check valve issue correctly, and I'm not pretending that I do, multiple check...
  4. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

When we built this house, I was able to control an amazing number of tiny details that affect us on a regular basis, but this is one that got by us. My utility closet has a double door (that's good) that is narrower than the cabinet itself (that's not so good). I wish I had a sideboard and...
  5. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

You're probably right. I went out and took another look at it and what I mistook as a check valve has a short length of PEX to the drain in the closet - exactly what I should have expected for a relieve valve. Having eliminated the relief valve, there's nothing that even remotely looks like a...
  6. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

Hmm, I was afraid that might be the case. I think what I'm going to do is eliminate the check valve at the well tee and see if that helps. If that doesn't fix the water hammer, I may open the top of the wellhead and peer in (annoying, but not that hard). If I can't see a check valve (i.e. it's...
  7. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

Can anyone interpret the clipped image of the Installation Report better than I can? Does it say there's a check valve at the pitless? Tenaya
  8. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

Yep, my well service rig is in the shop ;) Tenaya
  9. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

Thanks for the quick reply. There is probably one at the pump and there could be another one at the wellhead (haven't looked). The Installation Record isn't clear to me. I know FOR SURE there's one on the well tee (I can SEE it). Thus, there are AT LEAST two. Maybe three (depending on...
  10. Tenaya

Water Hammer Issue

Hi, I have a well and water system suffering from what seems to me to be a substantial water hammer. The well was drilled and the motor/pump installed in mid-2015. The house plumbing was completed in late 2016. Here are some specifics: The well was drilled 9" to 287', cased 5" PVC solid to...
  11. Tenaya

Can I install a thermometer into the Hot "Side Tap"?

Thank you to everyone who responded. The information I received helps quite a bit. Tenaya
  12. Tenaya

That's what I was afraid of. thanks, Tenaya
  13. Tenaya

Hmmm. I have a really long wrench, but I'm not sure I want to put heavy torque on the water heater. Instead, could I just plumb a "T" in front of the relief valve and install the thermometer with its probe sticking into the tank? Is there likely to be any obstruction? Tenaya
  14. Tenaya

I haven't removed the plastic cover, but I assume that there's a pipe plug screwed into the tank itself and sealed. Since it doesn't leak from the factory I assume (there's that word) that I can replace the plug with a suitable adapter (brass?) into which the thermometer would screw. Ashcroft...
  15. Tenaya

Hi; I'm new here. I have a 75 gallon Rheem Classic Pro series natural gas water heater that was installed about a year ago (new construction). I would like to add a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the water in the tank. The metal skin of the unit has two plastic plugs marked "hot" and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks