Search results

1. MIKEMCD77

Furnace roof vent

Thanks! And if I get one of those, wouldn't it be OK to saw about one-half of the PVC pipe off? (Again, the PVC pipe is at least a one-foot extension above the "mushroom"... and the mushroom sits on top of a pipe that is at least one-foot long.)
  2. MIKEMCD77

Furnace roof vent

Thanks for the replies. On the roof above my furnace, I think there has always been a vent that is about a foot tall, with a "mushroom" cap. However, about 17 years ago when I had a NEW furnace installed, the installer cut a hole in the mushroom cap and then ran the PVC pipe from the furnace...
  3. MIKEMCD77

Furnace roof vent

I have a 6" diameter roof vent for my gas furnace. I want to replace the vent. Is it OK to replace it with a 4" diameter vent? Here is the info on my furnace: XE-90 gas furnace; Trane (American Standard) “high efficiency.” Mine is a Downflow and “NON-direct vent”; 74,000 BTUH capacity...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks