Search results

1. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

Finally got around to finishing the install. Just need to do some drywall patching for the holes I had to make. All the plumbing was done using PEX-A which was fairly easy to work with. Only issue I had was a small leak on the drain elbow on the valve, but some Monster Teflon tape, and T plus 2...
  2. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

Got it! Thanks for the clarification.
  3. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

1. I plan on using a check valve on the drain going into the attic since it's higher than the tank itself. Any recommendations/links to 3/4" PEX-A Check Valves? I was looking for something with PEX unions on both ends in the event I need to service it, but honestly no idea if it's not either...
  4. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

I'll knock out the cover at the top section of box, and run the 3/4 PEX-A down to the AG140-001. I have limited access from the attic above, but that is the only way as of right now. It was actually the fitting I listed earlier, but I doubled checked to be sure. The variations of PVC fittings...
  5. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

Spent some time, and think I found some fittings that may work. This fitting will be 3/4 MPT to 1/2 Slip PVC - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Charlotte-Pipe-3-4-IN-X-1-2-IN-SCH40-MALE-ADAPTER-REDUCING/5012476201 These two fittings are 3/4 PEX expansion to 3/4 FNPT Brass, just haven't decided if I...
  6. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

Well guess a few more questions come to mind now... 1. I plan on using a check valve on the drain going into the attic since it's higher than the tank itself. Any recommendations/links to 3/4" PEX-A Check Valves? I was looking for something with PEX unions on both ends in the event I need to...
  7. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

I was planning on doing 1" water line, and 3/4" drain.
  8. Nav360

Water Softener Drain

I'm getting started on doing some plumbing to have a water softener stub out done in the garage, with the drain going into the attic. I had a few questions before I start tearing up drywall, and running PEX. 1. Is PEX-A fine for the stub out, and drain? 2. The two locations I can drain my...
  9. Nav360

Water Softener Recommendations Texas

Hello, I'm looking to have a water softener installed, and was curious if there are vendors/installers in the Houston, TX that you guys recommended. I'd prefer a DIY install myself just due to the local installers I've found using knockoffs, and stuff that is proprietary. I want to use Fleck...
  10. Nav360

Single to Double Vanity Plumbing

PEX plumbing done! I had to split the 1/2" PEX to both sinks if I had the option I would've ran new 3/4". Just need to do some blocking between the studs, and I should be ready for drywall. I plan on adding additional fire block foam to the top plate to seal those penetrations, but was curious...
  11. Nav360

@wwhitney Plan fixing the 90 today, but curious did you mean replace the 90 with two 45's or leave the 90, and use two 45's to give it an angle at the end?
  12. Nav360

I originally planned on using a barb fitting, but couldn't find one locally at all near me. I'll check around again
  13. Nav360

Yep, the vent had some play from above so I was able to lift it a couple inches to get it glued in. I was debating between the 45, and 90 on the condensate drain but the 90 gave me the perfect height. It didn't even cross my mind to glue two 45's lol. I still need to locate a hose that has...
  14. Nav360

Finally got around to finish the drain plumbing! Added in some stud shoes since I had to bore some holes through to run the pipe. Next on the list is getting the PEX to copper stub outs, and electrical finished! Oh if anyone is curious about the excessive primer it's because my brush broke at...
  15. Nav360

Any tip's/tricks to getting a proper 1/4" slope on the trap arms when going through the studs? I'm going to be adding additional framing in, but wanted to know ahead of time of anything I should do differently.
  16. Nav360

You are correct it's not a long sweep as I thought it was. It says D300-015 which shows up as "1½ DWV 1/4 Bend". I know you said a quarter bend would work since It's right at the surface, but either I can't find it or I'm confused with the all the different types of 90's sold. I bought the...
  17. Nav360

Pulled the boards off the front, and it looks like they used a long sweep 90 off the current tee that's in place. For some reason I thought there was a minimum trap arm length required in Texas.
  18. Nav360

What would be correct type of 90 degree fitting to come off the trap arm for the stub out? Marked in red below
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks