Search results

1. Dice

Was this KL tank installed right?

My god where is my head today :rolleyes: Yes I did mean pressure tank. My apologies for making everything more confusing! I understand what you mean and that does make sense.
  2. Dice

I just took a look at the pump and it’s a Stenner 85mhp17, definitely hooked up to the well’s pump / pressure switch, but it’s not injected before the contact tank. There is a suction tube going from the chlorine solution tank to the Stenner pump, and then another tube going from the Stenner...
  3. Dice

Yes thankfully he did install sample valves after the chlorine contact tank and another after the carbon tank and softener. The chlorine pump is wired to run when my well pump runs. I would think a proportional flow would be better, so that chlorine is injected whenever water is flowing...
  4. Dice

Yes, by “retention tank” I did mean the chlorine contact tank. Seems I use these terms interchangeably without realizing. That’s what my thought was, that by having the KL installed after the contact tank this would allow for the small amount of residual chlorine to keep the KL control valve...
  5. Dice

Hey all, I finally hired a local company to source and install: chlorine injection with contact tank, katalox light tank, carbon tank, and softener - in that order. We specifically talked about and agreed to having this all installed in that order. Well they finally finished up and I come out...
  6. Dice

Water Results Back - Need Opinions On Treatment Equipment

I see. That all makes perfect sense. I had a suggestion from a local company to just use the backwashing carbon filter to remove the ferric iron. Would this be effective or would it not catch the iron or would it foul the carbon extremely quickly do you think? Thank you again for all of your help.
  7. Dice

Do you think that a static mixer ahead of a regular contact tack would be sufficient for most cases? Excuse my ignorance in this next question, but to remove oxidized iron I was wondering why a simple spin down filter, such as the Hydra like you guys have suggested, wouldn't suffice instead of...
  8. Dice

Okay, gotcha. Thank you for your input.
  9. Dice

That's two votes for peristaltic pumps - works for me. I'll be sure to make that change. Based on ditttohead's suggestion and everything that I've read about them, a baffled retention tank sounds like it would be the better way to go if it provides more thorough mixing. Let me ask: let's say...
  10. Dice

One thing I forgot was that one company suggested chlorinating the well itself. I have a submerged pump and pressure tank system. Could this cause problems of oxidized build up in the pressure tank or corrosion of parts in the pressure tank or well casing?
  11. Dice

Got it - 15 gal chemical tank instead of 30, double check the flex light tank, no KL with GAC, and Hydra if I want a filter like that. It didn't make sense to me to have air injection either, but 2 of the 3 local water companies I've consulted with suggested it which made me feel like maybe I...
  12. Dice

Information Overload - Ozone, Chlorine, etc?

Got it. Thank you for your input. With your and everyone elses help I finally feel confident enough to make a water treatment decision. Thank you!
  13. Dice

Very interesting - I didn't know that IRB was anaerobic. Makes sense then that O2 or O3 might work to eliminate it. My concern there would be is there enough oxygen or ozone to kill the IRB. Maybe chlorination is the safer bet?
  14. Dice

Thank you very much for your input. Makes me feel a little less crazy throughout this whole process. I'd assume that they probably all have the same supplier so maybe more of a coincidence due to my type of water, and what tends to sell best with least amount of call backs, than anything else...
  15. Dice

Yes, a metallic smell - definitely not sulphur. Thankfully I don't have to open that can of worms! So you're saying that as long as I regularly blow down the contact tank, and after it I would opt for a backwashing carbon tank, that an additional katalox tank would be unnecessary? If so then...
  16. Dice

You're absolutely right. I am not concerned about it from a health standpoint, but rather from the standpoint of keeping all of the water filtering components clean and working the best they can. Wouldn't the IRB plug up control heads, check valves, medias, etc throughout the system? That's the...
  17. Dice

I know I am over thinking all of this so thank you all for sticking with me. The suggestion of Katalox threw me off because I thought that carbon could effectively remove ferric iron, although I don't know if regular GAC or catalytic is more effective at doing this. Is this incorrect? UPDATE...
  18. Dice

Understood, thank you for your input! Whatever I have installed I was going to make sure that each individual component could be bypassed for future maintenance etc. Great call on the valves as well!
  19. Dice

I see. I do not have a large amount of sediment coming from the well, only small amounts here and there. I apologize - I assumed that the ferric iron could be physically removed with the GAC (or Catalytic Carbon if that would work better), maybe or maybe not combined with another media in the...
  20. Dice

Wow, thank you for all of the input, it definitely helps! Our water smells very strongly of iron, and there are is almost no colour nor any iron solids when it comes out of the tap. Only after it sits for a while do red/orange deposits form. Because of the chlorination and contact tank the iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks