Search results

1. brentvw

Kitchen sink trap gurgle from sump pump

Circling back on this, this was fixed by running a dedicated 3" line to the 4" stack, it looks like a pipe maze now and overly engineered but no gurgle
  2. brentvw

Water Leak in Basement

Interesting observation, that must be a backup line or secondary pump because it is a swamp outside where the sump is constantly discharging, the sidewalk is a downright hazard. I’m almost wondering if the water line has a leak as it’s an unusual amount of water for no rain and no melt, but...
  3. brentvw

Water Leak in Basement

Hi All, I'm looking to buy a new house that was built just last year. It has a new foundation and basement. There is water leaking into the sump from the bottom of where the sewer line exits the basement and it's near constant. The sidewalk has 1" of ice from all the water. The last house I...
  4. brentvw

1. Yes, it is code to discharge sump into sewer line in our city, I was also surprised by this. 2.If I shift the ball valves to route the sump discharge outside, no sink trap gurgle occurs, it only happens when discharging down sewer as now it is sharing a line with the sink. I'm reluctant to...
  5. brentvw

Hi all, I'm trying to get rid of the trap gurgle in the kitchen sink when my primary sump pump is directed down the main sewer line (see pic attached). The vacuum pressure is too much for the 2" Studor AAV, if I remove it, the gurgle is gone (the vacuum is pretty strong, removing the AAV and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks