Search results

1. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Mystery component...

Thank you. That's where it looked it might go, but (unlike top distributor baskets for the other two valves ... backwashing carbon and softener) there was no twist-lock detent on this little part. This while mating twist-lock detents are still to be found on the bottom of the AIO valve. It...
  2. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Service Manuals for Nelson Valves?

Thank you. I did have that one, but had thought there might be others.
  3. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Service Manuals for Nelson Valves?

Not being registered at Nelson, where might I obtain a copy of the service manual for this Nelson, 5-button, Clack valve. NWTS-10CFM-AIO-0.0 The above, most of all, as it is most at variance from the generic Clack valve, which service manual I already have. But these two would also be good to...
  4. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Mystery component...

Assembling my system after a long delay in getting the Vortech tanks. One little mystery, though. There's this one item, which looks like a strainer, yet isn't. What is it, please? And where ought it go? I suspect is to do with the KIO system. Yet there is no place obvious where it might seem to...
  5. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

"No DLFC installed": Which sizes to order?

Need to choose one DLFC each for two different Nelson 5-Button valves (Clack WS-1). Water pressure ranges 40-60 PSI. Tanks are both 10x54. Valve 1 of 2: Backwash only for 1.5 CF of activated carbon. Valve 2 of 2: Regenerating valve for 1.5 CF of softener. What size DLFC would be most...
  6. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Is Clack tool useful for removing upper basket?

Got ahead of myself and installed a top basket onto a Nelson (Clack) control valve which is for Katalox and AIO3, and so needs instead a different adaptor which I need to install in place of said basket. Am finding it hard to remove that basket. Have ordered the Clack tool in hopes of that...
  7. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Source for flexible corrugated copper tubing?

Thanks very kindly for your effort. But aluminum simply won't serve. Pure aluminum might, but not any of the usual alloys...their base conductivity often being just half. That can be made up for by large diameter (2 inches plus), but then the price shoot up and it wouldn't fit in a suitcase.
  8. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Source for flexible corrugated copper tubing?

Wondering where I might purchase flexible corrugated copper tubing in lengths of 20 t0 24 feet, the whole length corrugated without any joints. Not to be used for plumbing, actually, but a ham radio antenna instead. The hoop type, technically known as a "magnetic loop". The idea is to coil it...
  9. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Bradford White Anode Inspection

What brand of flex connectors do you use? The every two years inspection suggestion is in the Bradford White manual. I was concerned for my warranty should I fail to follow directions. Plus also, my residence has a well. I have recently shock-treated it with vinegar and chlorine bleach...
  10. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

This YouTube video shows pulling the anode for inspection. Searching I find this Corro-Protect powered anode, which looks like it might be a good idea. I even find an instruction for how to install them on Bradford White. Although that might void my warrantee. I emailed Bradford White to ask if...
  11. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Here is a YouTube video showing... How to Replace Anode on Bradford White ...which looks easy enough. The narrator points out that unions are REQUIRED by code in Minnesota.
  12. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

There is a how-to video on YouTube where a plumber performs anode inspection and replacement on a Bradford White. He mentions repeatedly that a union must be in place for this operation. It didn't look difficult. He replaced the Teflon tape was all. The Bradford White manual specifies...
  13. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

The issue is to do with the sacrificial anode. It cannot be inspected. The Bradford White manual calls for inspecting the anode every 2 years. Without a coupling it cannot be done. The reason is where Bradford White puts the anode. It's inside of the hot water outlet. Thus, for lack of a union...
  14. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Here near Holland MI, the local vendor Baumann & DeGroot installed my Bradford White, power-vented gas water heater without any unions. On a Bradford White water heater, the sacrificial anode is integral with the hot water outlet. And so, for lack of a union, the sacrificial anode cannot be...
  15. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Well sanitizing (extra attention to 4 inch casing)

Forgetting the instruction here to buy Hydrion brand pH test strips, I ended up with made-in-China LabRat Supplies brand. Total mistake. Once bleach was added, the LRS-4801 test strips stopped working completely. They just bleached out pale. From then on my pH level was unknown. I carried on...
  16. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Best Placement for Carbon Filter?

If adding a backwashing carbon filter into a system already comprised of a Katalox Lite with O3 and a softener having Purolite SSTC60 resin, where best should it be located in relation to the other two?
  17. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Nu-Well 100 Pelletized Acid

On the shelf of an Ace Hardware store local to me, I happened upon this interesting product: Nu-Well 100 This product is manufactured by a company whose main business seems to be screens and other hardware for wells. The SDS for this product identifies its main ingredient as sulfamic acid. That...
  18. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Backwash Bed-Expansion & Upflow Regneration

Okay, I jumped the gun on this one. Have found that Clack upflow-regenerating valves are quite different animals internally. Firstly, the "1st backwash" (so-called) is absent. And "2nd backwash" is now the only. Thus no purtubation of bead position prior to the upflow regen cycle. Also the...
  19. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Purolite SST-60 Resin.

Many places I see advertised a resin called Purolite "SST-60" or sometimes "SST 60" (sans hyphen). Yet on the Purolite website itself, though, I find no such resin. A close match would be this "SSTC60" (where the C stands for 'cation', I very expect). All specs are the same except that some...
  20. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Backwash Bed-Expansion & Upflow Regneration

On some websites is touted many savings to be got from up-flow regeneration over down-flow. Namely, to not be washing minerals into the un-spent portion of the bed. However, as resin manufacturers recommend enough backwash flow to obtain 50% to 70% bed expansion, does this not first recirculate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks