Search results

1. Valveman

Booster pump question

Answered in the pumps and tanks forum.
  2. Valveman

Booster pump question

I'm confused. But the 10GB10 can only build 138 PSI max. Whatever pressure is on the suction side will add to that and become the back pressure from the CSV. The higher in elevation you install the pump the less suction pressure it will have. But the higher in elevation you install the pump...
  3. Valveman

Power keeps going in pump box

Pictures please. What kind of box is it? Control box for the pump or a relay for a float switch in the tank?
  4. Valveman

New pump problem

Sorry for the delay. Raising the pump off the floor a couple feet shouldn't hurt with a deep well jet. But the plastic union on the suction line is not good as is can be a place for a suction air leak. It looks like there is a flow control valve on top of the pump. You should try adjusting...
  5. Valveman

Two wells one cistern

They make alternators that will switch from one pump to the other after each stop. But then you wear out both pumps at the same time. You can just use two different float switches set a few inches apart. That way the pump with the highest float switch is the only one to run unless the cistern...
  6. Valveman

Pressure switch not opening completely

Never heard it called QO, sorry. But if you have had 2 Square D pressure switches do the same thing, I would think the switches are not the problem. That would be really rare. Is the pump pressure just barely getting to shut off or something?
  7. Valveman

Quarter 0.25 mile water line from meter to house

Lubbock, Abilene line is only 18" frost line. I do 24" for the extra margin. If you are north of Lubbock deeper would be needed. But the deeper you go the harder it is to repair. And by repairs I mean I have replaced almost every compression coupling I installed. They are the kind with the...
  8. Valveman

looking for an indoor manual shallow well inline water pump to bypass electric jet pump in case of no power

Pumping pressure into a pressure tank by hand is not an easy job. But I think Bison or one of those will pump into a pressure tank. Depending on how deep the water is you maybe able to use a 12V RV type pump and a car battery with a little solar charger. They will pump pressure and have a...
  9. Valveman

Didn't bed or compact anything. I did put a concrete thrust block on both ends to keep it from pulling on the connections. I put a big curve in the ditch and pipe before each thrust blocks so it doesn't pull straight on the connections either. Oh, and it is 24" deep.
  10. Valveman

Had problems with pex in the past, so just don't trust it. Probably made some improvements over the years but still go with poly because I trust it. Have a system with 7200' of 1.5" poly (SDR11 I think) running around big tress and through rocky terrain. Only problems I have had in 20 years...
  11. Valveman

10 GPM should be plenty for a house like that. At 10 GPM there is only 0.3 PSI loss per 100' in 1.5" pipe. With 1300' that is only a loss of like 4 PSI. 2" pipe won't make much difference. But I would use 160# poly not Pex. Depending on how much pressure you have at the meter will determine...
  12. Valveman

Sand Point vs. Case Well

Being in the pump industry for over a half century now, I no longer believe "you get what you pay for". I now believe the more you pay the more you get screwed. Some of the most expensive water pump systems, like with VFD control are the least reliable and shortest lived. I actually own the...
  13. Valveman

Sand Point vs. Case Well

If a drilled well with 4" or larger casing can be used, a pitless adapter can be added below the frost line. This makes the outside part all below the frost level. A submersible pump would be silent and can push water as far as you want to the pressure tank and switch in the house. I find it...
  14. Valveman

Sand Point vs. Case Well

A sand point and jet pump is much less expensive if you can make it work. But you really can't elbow down from the sand point then back up at the jet pump. There should not be any high points in the suction where air can accumulate. The jet pump itself should be the high point in the suction...
  15. Valveman

Again, WHAT BRAND OF SWITCH IS IT?
  16. Valveman

Advice for house pressure from a cistern system

You could also use a multi-stage and get even more pressure, even with just the 1/2HP motor. The 5GB05-9 would work with a 80/100 pressure switch and the CSV delivering a strong constant 90 PSI. You can have as much pressure as you want, as it is your water system. You just have to make it...
  17. Valveman

Advice for house pressure from a cistern system

Nothing really "solar" about the Amtrol RP-10HP. It is just a regular 1/2HP jet pump. That pump can only build 57 PSI max. Probably working with a 40-50 pressure switch setting on the Guardian pressure switch. That means your pressure is an average 45 PSI as the pump cycles on and off...
  18. Valveman

Franklin Pumptec pump protection system issue

I don't know if you need to set it at 90% or 10%. But I would adjust the sensitivity until it goes off at the low amperage either way.
  19. Valveman

Good Square D pressure switch or a knock off? Not a normal problem to have.
  20. Valveman

Low pressure

The switch most likely is activating the pump at 40 PSI. Check to see if it clicks and the points close. This problem is usually caused by the overload in the motor tripping. Then the pump cannot start when the pressure switch makes at 40 PSI, but comes on automatically in another minute or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks