Search results

1. CommanderDave

Well Water Black Sediment

It is a deep well, 180'. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. You seem to be someone with plumbing and well experience so I'd like to give you some more information and background. Apologize if it is lengthy. I've attached some photos that I will explain. I do have an...
  2. CommanderDave

Well Water Black Sediment

This past summer I shocked my well with chlorine. About a month later I changed the whole house water filter and it was really full of black sediment, which hadn't happened before. I then thought back and realized I had mistakenly used too much chlorine in the treatment. I used to change the...
  3. CommanderDave

12v fan wiring

Would this work?
  4. CommanderDave

12v fan wiring

Yes. Each fan has a red and black wire.
  5. CommanderDave

12v fan wiring

How would I wire these 12v fans in series.
  6. CommanderDave

Yard Hydrant Timer

I have attached a drawing of the pond well and hydrants configuration. Again my desire is to have both hydrants pressurized and the well to only provide flow when opened. I would install a programmable timer on the hydrant feeding the pond, which I would remove in the winter and also turn off...
  7. CommanderDave

Yard Hydrant Timer

I did measure the flow and it was about 20gpm. So you are saying that I cannot set the pressure tank switch at a high enough cut-off psi to prevent short cycle? What would make the pressure drop to cut-in when the hydrants are closed if there is no bleed off anywhere? (Unless maybe the water...
  8. CommanderDave

Yard Hydrant Timer

I have two yard hydrants that are fed by a 25gpm-rated deep well located at a pond on my property. My normal operation of the one hydrant nearest the well head is for 24hrs a day for about 30 days in the spring to fill the pond from the winter draw down, and then I run it about 6 hours every...
  9. CommanderDave

Wiring Timer to GFCI Outlet

The fan is over my bar area not in a wet location so it has no requirement for GFCI. One thing that really screwed me up is when I was wiring everything I would not see the light come on the GFCI face; I had power but I was thinking it still wasn't wired right. So finally I looked up the GFCI...
  10. CommanderDave

How does this look for no GFCI protection.
  11. CommanderDave

I tried to configure the timer to the load side but the light on the GFCI face would not come on, so I was obviously doing something wrong. I'm thinking to just bypass GFCI fan protection as you mentioned. If I understand correctly I connect timer B and W directly to B and W incoming power...
  12. CommanderDave

Attached rough drawing. Forgot to point out earlier that wire feed to the fan is 2-wire, but I could install 3-wire.
  13. CommanderDave

I have a 20A GFCI outlet that I want to wire a timer to that will control a ceiling exhaust fan. However the timer I have requires connection to a 3 wire (B,W,R-G) box, but the GFCI outlet is only powered by 2 wire (B,W-G); it also services three other outlets. So my question is can I wire the...
  14. CommanderDave

Timer for Pressure Tank Switch

Okay, thanks for that clarification. The pond hydrant is open all summer long and then closed in the winter, obviously to prevent freezing. My concern is if it was possible to configure a pressure tank and switch that would prevent the pump from overpressurizing if someone turned off the...
  15. CommanderDave

GFCI Wiring

Can anyone provide me a diagram of wiring a single sourced GFCI outlet to one other (non-GFCI) outlet and a light with a switch? Thanks!
  16. CommanderDave

The well head is not in an enclosed building and heated, so installing a Pressure Tank/CSV at that location is not possible.
  17. CommanderDave

...Is there a vendor you could recommend that I could contact to get the best Programmable Flow Valve Timer for my application?
  18. CommanderDave

I think I'm getting it. I attached a new drawing. Taking out the existing timer and attaching the 12ga wire from the CSV pressure switch to the well control box contactor When the hydrant flow valve timer shuts off the CSV would then shut down the well pump. If I get a wifi flow valve I can...
  19. CommanderDave

I understand how the CSV would work, but I'm unclear about the solenoid/valve connection to the hydrant, how and where that would be configured and wired.
  20. CommanderDave

Hi. Like to know if a timer can be wired into a pressure tank pressure switch, and what the diagram would look like. Here's the situation: - I installed an additional deep well next to a pond on my property to supplement the water level. The well feeds a yard hydrant to the pond. When we dug...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks