Search results

1. Redrum

Water softener and UV lights while on vacation??

I guess this was my original question, if there is no water pressure and a regen occurs, would the controllers know this and ???? (do something that does no damage to them selves) :confused: BTW, I remembered we just had one of our frequent power failures a couple days back (Tall Eastern White...
  2. Redrum

Ha! I have to. This is not our main home, and often she will open/close on her own or with friends, same with me, so, no choice...the dog has no need to learn how though... In thinking about it, I agree with shutting the power to the pump. It's probably 100' from the cabin, and anything that...
  3. Redrum

I would like to bump this thread, which I found looking for an answer to my question. I am wondering if there is any harm done to either a greensand or softener system if it regenerates with the supply water turned off? My situation - cabin with dug well->gould pump**->ball valve main...
  4. Redrum

Greensand System and Pot Perm Feeder

ok, a few views and no replies. Maybe I can simplify the question - does anyone know what to check when the control head continues to fill the feeder tank to the point where it overflows? Does the control head regulate the amount of water sent to the feeder? Or, is that what the float in the...
  5. Redrum

Greensand System and Pot Perm Feeder

Hi; I could use a little help, I am a novice with regard to water conditioning and have an issue I need to solve. I have a seasonal cabin on well water in Northern New York, and had a contractor about 5 years ago install a (Master) Greensand system, and a separate solftener system. I also have...
  6. Redrum

Thoughts on post water treatment sanitization idea?

Thank you all, I got my answer, sounds like a great solution, looking forward to giving it a try! I'll post back if I get stuck, but seems like a straight forward solution Jim
  7. Redrum

Thank you for your suggestion. Since I have never held a big blue in my hand, , let me make sure I understand completely. So, I would be using the big blue without a filter cartridge, and tapping into where the inner sleeve of the filter cartridge would normally feed, and adding the nipple to...
  8. Redrum

Hello; I could use some thoughts on an idea I have... First the background: I have a seasonal cabin in northern new york, with a shallow well (say 15' deep, 36" diameter) which is located very close (say 10') to a small lake (70 acres, no motorized boating, very clean water). I mention this...
  9. Redrum

Vent Stack Location Through Roof

Thank you both for your reply, its nice to have an opinion before cutting a hole in the roof. I'll probably use PVC anyhow, painting helps with exposure issues, and this place is in the woods. A varmint proof cap is a good idea as there are critters everywhere and due to being cut into a hill...
  10. Redrum

Vent Stack Location Through Roof

Hello, Forgive me if this has been addressed before, I searched and can not find anything. My question, is there an ideal location (near ridge, eave, or somewhere in between) to penetrate a roof with a plumbing vent stack? Background, please see the picture. I have a camp/cabin in Northern...
  11. Redrum

Please comment on a drain/vent plan for a camp/cabin remodel

maybe one of the moderators can provide a quick thought?
  12. Redrum

No replies yet. I really think my plan is solid, but before I start busting up concrete, drilling holes with hole saw, etc, I sure would appreciate someone from this community with more experience in this area to say "what you are planning on seems fine" or, "you really should do it this way..."...
  13. Redrum

Hi; I have posted about this building before, specifically regarding the shower drain and drywell. It is a camp/cabin, in northern New York and they are notorious for head scratching building techniques. I fixed some of the plumbing and have a plan for completing it, but before I start, I would...
  14. Redrum

Need Thoughts on Shower Drain on Slab Foundation

I guess going into the slab is inevitable. I don't mind tasks that I have never done, except the ones where you get half way through and have a bigger mess on your hands than when you started. I try to think everything through ("what if" the possible issues) before I start, but it's hard to know...
  15. Redrum

Hi jim, Nice description of the adk. I to have been to Marcy and a few of the other peaks. Never did the winter thing. Luckily our community does bti treatment of local moving waters, which minimizes black flies, but they still get ya until July. I have several itchy bumps as I write this. We...
  16. Redrum

Thank you for your comments. I didn't know about a coring drill. A hole saw of sorts? I assume I would break out from the inside, then get to where it thickens and drill into the broken out area from the outside. Maybe a 3" or bigger hole to fit the 2" pipe through.... Understand on the...
  17. Redrum

ok, maybe my post is too long. let me boil it down to two questions: 1) Should I be scared of cutting out the concrete slab from about 24" in, through the side of the thicker part of the slab? I don't think I can go below the thicker part as the entry to the septic is rather high. 2) With an...
  18. Redrum

Hi; A bit of a background to my quandry. I have a seasonal camp/cabin in Northern New York that is built on a concrete slab foundation in the 50's, and worked on by several different hacks over the course of it's life (the stories I could tell you of what I found...) As far as plumbing there...
  19. Redrum

Dishwasher and Icemaker Supply Lines Question

Thank you all for your thoughts. The two box solution was right there under my nose, just wan't looking in the right place. Thanks to Reach4, I had thought about the kitchen supply ox box and wondered if an arrestor could be added, and I would just remove the extra valve to make the room for the...
  20. Redrum

Dishwasher and Icemaker Supply Lines Question

Agree, that's what I suspected. I looked around at HD today at various brass adaptors, and it looks like I have a few options: 1) Use a washing machine box, then adapt the 3/4" hot to 3/8", and cold to 3/8" then 1/4" (as HJ suggested). About $20 for the adaptors. 2) Use the icemaker box and put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks