Search results

1. Still_Learning

Moving Kitchen Sink and Adding Bathroom

Awesome! Thank you both and hope you are having a great Christmas!
  2. Still_Learning

Alright, I'm about halfway into this project now and things are going alright but I'm not going to keep saying this is my last question (ha!) because who really knows what I'll run into. Two new questions with diagrams! 1) When tying a horizontal drain into the main stack, do I have to use a...
  3. Still_Learning

Okay, bumping this for one more (hopefully easy) question. If I proceed with the plumbing3 diagram in the first post, does it matter if the drain line that combines the tubs and kitchen sink meets the stack above the toilets vs. below the toilets? The diagram has it joining below the toilets...
  4. Still_Learning

Back-to-back Lavs on Same Side of Stack

Thanks all! You do us all a great service.
  5. Still_Learning

Sounds good! Yes, no fixtures above this and I'm under UPC jurisdiction. So for Option 1, I'd need to add the revent between the branch of the wye and the p trap and make the section from the wye to the stack 2". I think I got it. I'll probably go with Option 2 with 1.5" drain lines without...
  6. Still_Learning

Many thanks! I should've clarified. The main stack is 4". If I go with option 2 and stack the san-tees, should the drain line for each lav be 2" or 1.5"? These are bathroom sinks. I'm wanting to make sure I both get it right and there's enough room in the wall for the drains and the revent.
  7. Still_Learning

I've read on this forum about using a double fixture fitting for back-to-back lavs but what should I do if both sinks are on the same side of the stack and close to back-to-back in location (think two mirrored bathrooms sharing a wall). Both lavs will be pretty close to the main stack (within...
  8. Still_Learning

Thanks, very helpful. I've liked all the posts. Please let me know if there's another way to show my appreciation. This forum is great!
  9. Still_Learning

Many thanks @wwhitney! I now feel like this project might be doable. Regarding the 3x3x2x2 san-tee with side inlet: Would the kitchen sink tie into the side inlet? If I used a double fixture fitting and tied in the kitchen sink below it, would the drain line for the kitchen sink have a...
  10. Still_Learning

The window is 82" so sounds like I either need to size up to 2" for the trap arm to be able to do 60" horizontal distance or move the sink to the left window. Right? Good to know about the drain length. Two other things I want to confirm: 1) If both tub drains are within 5 ft. of the main...
  11. Still_Learning

Thanks @wwhitney and @John Gayewski. Sorry for the Thanksgiving delay. I've added a new diagram (plumbing3). Do I have this correct or does the vent/drain to the left of the window need to be in one vertical line? Will the drain marked D need an additional vent to the right of the door if the...
  12. Still_Learning

Thanks @wwhitney. I think that makes sense. I'm under UPC so AAVs are a no-go. I read on another post here where a poster said they use this setup for windows where there is a beam on both side and no way to run a vent. I've added a new diagram to the original post with the tub vent in a new...
  13. Still_Learning

Long-time reader now hoping to get some feedback on whether this layout is possible (sorry for the erasure marks). Basically, the kitchen sink was next to the stack but now I want to move it in front of a window about 8-10' away. Based on my reading, I think a loop vent is best for this since...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks