Search results

1. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Thanks Jeff, good info. our main is 1” PEX A, the inspector suggested a shark bite PRV. Plan to put it in the utility room before the water goes anywhere. Any favorite ones? Would you go with PEX A PRV if that was your system? Do any professional plumbers use sharkbite except for...
  2. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Hey everyone we passed! The topping off held overnight. I did not have a PRV valve but he told me I could install it for the final. What a relief to pass on first try. Many thanks to Terry Wayne and all the other fine people here who helped me accomplish this. You guys are great.
  3. Caryncbreeef

DWV test question

Filled DWV from 50” lavatory pipe. Everything else except for roof vent plugged. All pipes dry (we did have to replace two connections, so the test worked in that manner.). I’ve had pressure on the system from the water since Friday. I’ve had to top off a few times and overnight it dropped two...
  4. Caryncbreeef

Rough Plumbing inspection IPC am I missing anything?

Yeahi got my unions all happy, we put the dwv under pressure and got a few leaks. Redid one run letting it settle and will check again in am. For whatever reason here in Raleigh they go right for $150 reinsp fee. I called for framing(at the inspectors suggestion) and failed because trades...
  5. Caryncbreeef

Bronze union troubles for whole house filter -help please

Thanks for the help, redid the connections with your suggestions and held beautifully.
  6. Caryncbreeef

My original question was asking what else I need to do to have my home ready for rough plumbing inspection. I laid out what I’ve already done, but I’m trying to find out if there any other things the inspectors are looking for that I wouldn’t know, like filling the shower basin with water. I...
  7. Caryncbreeef

This is the other side you can actually see the drips now and they’re both where the union itself attaches to the left and right
  8. Caryncbreeef

Both sides not the union I’ll get you a picture in a minute
  9. Caryncbreeef

Hi John. I have been trying to get clarification on this but from my rate the 2018 IPC allows lead free brass and drinking water systems. And my friend who’s a retired plumbing inspector said he couldn’t find anything that said to the contrary.
  10. Caryncbreeef

I hear you but NC is still on 2018 code if permit was taken out before change
  11. Caryncbreeef

Once I redo the brass unions I’ll be good to go I believe. Again I have tried to read what is expected of me but not feeling confident. Talked to a retired inspector and he gave me some hints but left a few things out, at $150 per failure I am trying to pass on go #1. DWV blocked at cleanout...
  12. Caryncbreeef

So I am a day or two away from my rough. We ran PEX A in the whole house and it went pretty well. In the utility room I put a two stage whole house filter because our water has LOTS of stuff that needs to be removed. I ran a diverter run into the attic (where all the distribution is. anyway...
  13. Caryncbreeef

Rough plumbing question IPC code, hot water heater, water hammer

One other question if I may. Do I put expansion tank and all after rough in, and just run cold/hots and connect them? As far as water hammer goes, I already purchased (and installed washer) PEX A washer box and ice maker box. Obviously without hammwr arrestors. Are the screw on ones (see...
  14. Caryncbreeef

Thanks! I wondered about jumping the connections but couldnt find details about it.. much appreciated
  15. Caryncbreeef

So I have all the dvw done, started running the waterlines. I’ve done as much investigation and reading of the code as possible, and before I post I really try to find out for myself. But I have not been able to find an answer to this question. When I look at the rough in requirements, they talk...
  16. Caryncbreeef

Pro PEX fitting into whole house water filter - Teflon or not?

Thanks, you mean drywall joint compound, right?
  17. Caryncbreeef

Pro PEX fitting into whole house water filter - Teflon or not?

Hello friends, so getting ready to run the PEX A in the house. I am bringing 1” PEX off of the 3/4” copper from the street to the utility room. I'll run a bypass with valves just in case. I bought pro PEX brand 1” NPT to connect to the in/out of the filter system (putting brass unions on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks