Search results

1. Joe B

Navien CH-240 DIP Switch 4 and combustion

The gas smells from the exhaust, which runs through the garage, is a concentric intake/exhaust type, and exits through the wall of the garage. Run is about eight feet. The gas smells continuously while the unit is running. If the unit is running, and is exhausting, there is a gas smell at the...
  2. Joe B

@Fitter30 Just this past year. Burner analysis here. The air inlet filter is, and always has been, clean. I am also going to run a cheap endoscope from the concentric exhaust/intake to check for air intake blockages.
  3. Joe B

Hmmm... I do indeed smell gas at the exhaust the entire time the unit is running. I am not certain that combustion can be dialed in better by my tech. Will flipping switch 4 to ON change the combustion air/gas mix too much? I don't want to do something that causes a new problem. Especially...
  4. Joe B

I have been troubleshooting the gas smell at the exhaust of my Navien CH-240. I noticed that DIP switch 4, which should be ON for and individual vent, and OFF for a shared cascading common, is set to OFF. I have a concentric intake/exhaust, and not a shared cascade common, which is for multiple...
  5. Joe B

Navien CH-240 drip mystery: combustion, ventilation, condensation?

I caught it. It was an internal leak at one of the o-rings. Very hard to see without taking the unit apart, but it was in there. Dripping down and out the back. Replaced multiple o-rings and the issue was resolved.
  6. Joe B

Tips for adjusting air/gas combustion mix in Navien CH-240

An update, and a new question. Had a skilled boiler tech check and adjust combustion. He spent all day with the Navien, including replacing many O-Rings, doing a flush, replacing the igniter and fan flapper valve. Before the adjustment, low and high fire. After the adjustment, low and high...
  7. Joe B

How to properly use / configure Navien hydronic system

A quick update. I was observing, at night as temperatures drop, the Uponor thermostat in my largest zone click on, and then just minutes later, click off, and then on again, and off again. As if these Uponors just weren't forgiving enough / acting too "sensitive" for temperature fluctuation. I...
  8. Joe B

Navien CH-240 drip mystery: combustion, ventilation, condensation?

I'm getting to know my Navien CH-240 and I appreciate much of the feedback and insight from some of my other posts. Here is a new one. I am hoping to get some tips on how to troubleshoot this. The other day, I noticed about 1/4 of water on the garage floor beneath the unit. Oh no! It was in the...
  9. Joe B

Uponor zone module shows zone valves on, but not calling for heat

I am trying to piece together the behavior of my six-zone Navien CH240 hyrdonic system. Heat is radiant floor pex tubing under concrete. Thermostats are Uponor WT 1, one thermostat per zone, wired to a pair of 3-zone Wirsbo zone control modules. I am trying some experiments. Today I have a...
  10. Joe B

Tips for adjusting air/gas combustion mix in Navien CH-240

Hi, I have moved into a house with a ten year old Navien CH-240. It has one of those "two-in-one" intake exhaust things, and it runs about twelve feet out the side wall of the garage to the outdoors. (The Navien unit is in the garage.) I have always noticed a gas smell from the exhaust when it...
  11. Joe B

@John Gayewski Interesting, thank you for the response. Turning the flow up/down vs the boiler, hmmmm. I get the concept. Here are some photos of my system. Thermostats go to the Wirsbo controller, which controls both the tubing valves for each zone as well as the boiler, I assume...
  12. Joe B

@Bannerman Thanks for this input, it's the first I had heard about it, despite reading about it in the manual. I'll have to study what you wrote to figure that out for my situation.
  13. Joe B

Oh, also the model is a WT 1, I think. https://www.supplyhouse.com/Wirsbo-Uponor-A3030101-Wirsbo-Radiant-Thermostat-WT-1-Heat-Only-Two-wire-2063000-p
  14. Joe B

Thanks for asking. These are Uponor thermostats connected to a Wirsbo thingamagic that is then connected to the Navien controller itself. The heat emitters are in-floor (concrete floor) pex hydronic system.
  15. Joe B

Hi, Should a Navien hydronic heating system turn on and off four to five times an hour? I am living in a place with a Navien CH-240 that drives domestic hot water and an in-floor, six-zone hydronic heating system. The hydronic system uses PEX tubes under a concrete floor. I have only ever had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks