Search results

1. tycen

Sand repeatedly getting into well

I can imagine that's frustrating to well installers - but honestly it's great from the homeowner DIY perspective. I understand that wells are complicated beasts, but I didn't need the well guy to drive his million dollar truck out to just look at my well, not notice the issues with it and...
  2. tycen

Yup, it's a 1/2 horse pump - and I was mistaken, it's actually 12GPM: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VHRNXO I thought about raising the pump - but I don't think that would get me anywhere. The sand doesn't actually get to the pump before it chokes off the water ingress. The water flow...
  3. tycen

Thanks - I had read about gravel packs and wondered how they worked. What you're saying makes sense - although I was worried any gravel would get just as clogged as inside my casing. I also wondered about just pouring 5 or 10 or 15 feet of pea gravel down the well (I think I could suck it all...
  4. tycen

I had thought of this early on (mostly because the first well guy had put that 2 GPM restrictor valve on there and I figured since I paid $80 for the thing I might as well use it) - but I called the pump manufacturer and they said not not restrict it below the pump's 10GPM rating. But, that...
  5. tycen

I'm looking for some help and have appreciated searching and browsing in these forums for a few years - time for me to post a question. Here's the details (I'll try to be as thorough as I can): - we bought the house in 7/2014 and I've been learning about this well ever since... - well is dug...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks