Whirlpool Softener Brine Well is Loose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryanmw

Reaction score
I installed a new Whirlpool WHES40 in January of this year and last month the pressure vessel broke spraying water out into the garage. Luckily my wife heard it and we caught it before the garage flooded. Whirlpool immediately sent out a replacement unit after emailing them pics of the crack, surprisingly it arrived in just a few days.

Unfortunately it looks like someone had opened the replacement and removed some of the packaging material at the top, as a result the top of the softener banged around in the box and cracked the top cover. Even the PC Board was hit hard enough to pop it out though I didn't see any actual damage from a visual inspection. I switched out the top cover from the original unit onto the new one and popped the PC board back into place. I notified Whirlpool and they're sending a new replacement cover.

After all that I noticed that the brine well tube containing the float switch seemed loose.. I can't recall if the first one was the same way and the support member from Whirlpool said it's normal but I'd like another opinion. Can y'all take a look at the linked video and let me know if that amount of movement seems standard?

Ryanmw

Reaction score
My older model, since replaced, had a small bolt connecting the tube to the brine tank wall, a few inches below the yellow cap. Check for a hole.
It is connected to the wall at the top.. just wasn't sure if it is supposed to be secured at the bottom or just held in place by the salt.

bingow

Reaction score
The molded ridge at the tank bottom keeps it in place, as long as the top bolt is tight. It's easy to remove for an annual cleanout; highly recommended.

Ryanmw

Reaction score
The molded ridge at the tank bottom keeps it in place, as long as the top bolt is tight. It's easy to remove for an annual cleanout; highly recommended.
That was it, the side bolt was simply loose. Appreciate your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks