Shutoff Valve for CPVC to PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

AlBundy

Reaction score
Since I am hearing PEX is the plumbing of choice these days I am thinking of converting some of the CPVC into PEX as I'm in the process of a bath remodel. This is all DIY not professional at all.

I need to install shut off valves in crawl space as I am doing the remodel in phases so I won't be able to hook back up right away. My question is - is there a preferred shut off valve here or should I just go with shark bites since I can go from CPVC to PEX? Or is there one that can be used to transition that also provides a shutoff...? I didn't see one that I can glue on the CPVC side that has shut off in it that then transitioned into PEX other that push fit valves.

Hesitant to use push fit since have heard bad experiences with them.

Could I just use CPVC shut off and glue a CPVC to PEX male on the transition side?? Does this create too many points for failure?? Going to be installing in total 6.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Push fit from major name brands are fine, incl Sharkbite.
When installed properly, including support they should perform 100%.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks