Help identifying faucet handles, repair/replace advice

Users who are viewing this thread

FaucetMystery

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to find replacement handles for 4 widespread bathroom faucet levers and a tub diverter knob. One pair of levers is mounted on a bathroom sink, and the other on the tub. The fixtures are over 30 years old, and 3 out of 4 lever handles have broken off. At least one bathtub handle and the diverter knob are also leaking, so presumably o-rings (or something internal) would need to be replaced or repaired.

If anyone is willing to help answer either of the following questions, I'd really appreciate it. Pictures and measurements included below.

1) Do you have any idea about the brand, or suggestions on where we could find replacement handles that would fit on the stems? Spline count is 16 and the interior diameter of the handle cap (that fits on the stem) is approximately 3/8". Matching the exact design of the original handles isn't important, though we'd prefer to have handles that match one another and have a color (brushed nickel?) that is similar to the original color scheme.

2) Does replacing the handles but leaving the cartridges, handle bases, and diverter knob intact seem like a reasonable plan, or should we just start over and replace everything? The bathroom sink seems like it could be an easy fix if we could find compatible handles, since we can slip the existing handle caps on and off the stems easily with an Allen wrench. But if we'd have to search for a long time for matching handles, maybe we should just save time by having everything replaced. I'm not sure what's the best plan.

20221126_133334_blue_bathroom_faucet_fixtures_lv_cropped.jpg

20221126_133419_blue_bathroom_faucet_fixtures_lv_cropped.jpg

20211230_191456_blue_bathroom_faucet_fixtures_lv.jpg

20211230_191610_blue_bathroom_faucet_fixtures_lv.jpg

20211230_191638_blue_bathroom_faucet_fixtures_lv.jpg

Thanks for your time!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Could be Phylrich but you won't find handles anyway.
Plumbing specialty shops have handle bushing kits with the spline match, then u can use ugly universal handles that fit over the bushing.

AVOID a vise grip or allen screw solution...it will fail.
Total replacement if you want a decent look.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The faucets are Phylrich. The lavatory faucet is K263 Victorian series.
You can reach their customer service @ 1-714-361-4830 for available handles and/or porcelain inserts.

IMG_9679.jpg

FaucetMystery

Reaction score
Could be Phylrich but you won't find handles anyway.
Plumbing specialty shops have handle bushing kits with the spline match, then u can use ugly universal handles that fit over the bushing.

AVOID a vise grip or allen screw solution...it will fail.
Total replacement if you want a decent look.
Thank you for the advice and the guess! Unfortunately, I learned the hard way a few weeks back that I shouldn't have bought vise-grip replacement handles. Just like you said, they failed.

FaucetMystery

Reaction score
The faucets are Phylrich. The lavatory faucet is K263 Victorian series.
You can reach their customer service @ 1-714-361-4830 for available handles and/or porcelain inserts.

View attachment 88573
Thank you for the advice! I've contacted Phylrich to see if they can help with anything. They said they no longer sell porcelain handles, and it looks like they will need more information from me to know how to proceed, so I'll get back to them when I can. I'll need to figure out whether the porcelain parts are just inserts (I'm not sure yet), in which case there's a chance that the parts holding the inserts can be replaced, or whether I want a full handle replacement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks